Discussion What are the best Greninja BREAK partners?

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
The Golden Greninja is here which is like XY Greninja, but 2x as good. But I was wondering, What would be the best partner for it (I am not talking about which Greninja the BREAK goes better with it, but rather a different pokemon). I was considering something like Keldeo-EX (Expanded) so you can use Greninja BREAK multiple times a turn. So what are your best suggestions for a partner for Greninja BREAK.
greninja.png

In my opinion, the best partner is simply itself. Both the Greninja from XY (both benched or active) and Greninja from BRP are probably powerful enough to stream 1-hit KOs on its own, especially with that to be released Frogadier. Miltank FFI could be an option, and so could Clefable PLS, but I do think Greninja could easily carry itself with the right draw and appropriate energy retrievers.

I think besides Greninja and Miltank, Tri Bullet Kingdra could be useful if you can set up another stage 2. You get a ton of snipes every turn for low energy.

I think besides Greninja and Miltank, Tri Bullet Kingdra could be useful if you can set up another stage 2. You get a ton of snipes every turn for low energy.
Like the old Greninja Kindra decks, but with a BREAK Greninja. Also could use the new Frogadier for speed.

Zoroark is a pretty good partner because it eats up mega ray and free retreat. You can also run a few dark energy with zoroark break

Miltank FLF (it saves getting a Greninja ko's and needed to be set up again, however i think Greninja is a good enough attacker itself)
Manaphy EX since Greninja Break Ability only works whilst at active its nice to free retreat for water energy (The new Greninja does have free retreat)
I have 1 template built with Octillary and Wally, for T1 Frogadier and evolve Octillary for constant draw every turn which works well if you discarding energy from hand and and using non draw supporters like fisherman and Wally.

That being said, I think Garbardor decks are going to see alot of play, and think Manectric and Garbardor variants are probably not gonna give Greninja a friendly welcome.

I think the best partner is Fisherman. Fisherman and VS. Seeker can let you fire off multiple shurikens in succession.

Pack Startling Megaphone for Garbodor, and you can fire enough Shurikens to beat Garbodor. If you can fit in Maxie's Gallade into the deck, I'd suggest that for beating Manectric.

Zoroark is a pretty good partner because it eats up mega ray and free retreat. You can also run a few dark energy with zoroark break
I was considering that, but then I thought it would be even slower because then (if you have Zoroark BREAK)you will have a stage one BREAK and a stage two BREAK so it would be like a stage two and stage three in the same deck. Now that Greninja BREAK has released, almost every one came up with Greninja/Octillery so Octillery is the best partner by surprise.

Octillery is the best partner, in the middle and late game, instead of playing a draw supporter, you would want to play Fisherman. It also helps bring the count of Shaymin EX to 1 or 0 to give you an advantage in prize trades.

Back