• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard What are rules about "This attack is not affected by any effects" ??

nocruoro

Aspiring Trainer
The name says it what are the rule about What are rules about "This attack is not affected by any effects on your opponents active pokemon."
Does this mean that a attack like Dragonite V's Shred can break through abilities like to Pokemon Go Ambipom's Primate Dexterity ability says "If any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage." ?

I'm also interested in is Hawlucha's Flying Entry ability and Hisuian Zoroark's Doom Curse attack (since Zoroark doesn't inflict damage directly) ?

Last edited:
The name says it what are the rule about What are rules about "This attack is not affected by any effects on your opponents active pokemon."
Does this mean that a attack like Dragonite V's Shred can break through abilities like to Pokemon Go Ambipom's Primate Dexterity ability says "If any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage." ?

I'm also interested in is Hawlucha's Flying Entry ability and Hisuian Zoroark's Doom Curse attack (since Zoroark doesn't inflict damage directly) ?
Yes, Dragonite V's Shred would ignore Ambipom's Primate Dexterity and other abilities. (Technically in the case of Ambipom, you'd still flip a coin, but the result wouldn't matter.) Any ability or attack effect that reduces damage, prevents damage, etc. is ignored by Shred.

Hawlucha's Flying Entry does not trigger Ambipom's ability. Damage and damage counters are different things. Also, Ambipom's ability specifies that it activates only against attacks, not other abilities.

Hisuian Zoroark's Doom Curse also does not trigger Ambipom's ability. Zoroark never actually inflicts any damage, it just changes the defending pokemon from not being Knocked Out to being Knocked Out at the end of the opponent's turn.

Direct damage only ever counts as the bold number at the right-hand side of the attack name, or if the attack's effect specifically says that it does damage.

Thanks my brother has beaten me too often with a Ambipom with over 10 energy cards attached.
I'm designing a casual Rogue Lost Zone deck designed to counter most cards or send of cards with lost zone (if don't need em) don't have any Sableye or Cramorant yet. I don't like the Giratina version since you remove energy cards and send them to the lost zone.

1x Raikou V
1x Drapion V
1x Dragonite V (Shred)
Hisuian Zoroark
Hawlucha SV for (bench sniping)
2x Klefki SV (for Ability stopping)
2x Water Veil Manaphy
2x Comfey's
2x Boss Order Cyrus (for targeting)
4x Mirage Gates
3x Colress's Experiment
Penny (could fit in)
2 or 3x Escape Ropes
1x Forest Seal Stone
Greninja (Might add it)
Switch + Switch Cart's
Lost Vacuum's and Lost City are among my trainers too.
Energy cards too.

Back