Question What....am I doing wrong? (EV training in Pelago)

azaria

Aspiring Trainer
This makes me even more infuriated that they removed Super Training because it was the beat thing to happen with semi competitive battlers like myself. And even then, I like having strong Pokemon and never actually EV trained before X/Y. The makers really outdid themselves with Super Training.

Now that its no longer in Moon, I thought "eh, Pelago will be slower but the training will be finished by the time I turn on the game. I kinda am still trying to figure out wth the Bean system works...the way they set it up is super confusing. I do know 63 play sessions are needed to max a Pokemon base stat to 252.

Except here's the issue. I had a neutral natured Jolteon I wanted to experiment on and see how Pelago exactly works. Nature/IVs doesn't matter to me much but I gave the Jolteon 63 play sessions for both the speed and special attack stat. Ok so when its finished I take it out but when I view its summary/judge page on the PC the chart with the arrow/graphs pointing at its base stat is not even REMOTELY close to the base stat it was in Pelago before.

AND YES, it started as a clean state (no training, fresh out of the egg). It happened with my Gible as well which had me excited initially because I really wanted a strong Garchomp for the Battle Tree....if this chart is correct, then it's extremely difficult to reset the stats because THERE'S NO RESET BAGS or items to do that. Only berries. Except you're screwed if its at max friendship.

Can someone please help me....sorry for the lengthy post but I just need to know if I'm doing something wrong or missing something....first time on this forum too. Ever since I saw Pelago screwing with my stats I decided to just train any Pokemon that's from the previous gens (Y and AlphaSapphire) to save myself the trouble of doing it on Moon..

If you see sparkles around the stat name; that means the stat is maxed out. Regardless if the stat reached the edge or not.

Yeah, it can be frustrating, but like I said. If the stat has sparkles, that stat is maxed out.

If you see sparkles around the stat name; that means the stat is maxed out. Regardless if the stat reached the edge or not.

Yeah, it can be frustrating, but like I said. If the stat has sparkles, that stat is maxed out.

I know this might be annoying to ask but I'm hoping you're right. Been trying to searching an image of the sparkles but no luck :( if there's one you can show me that'd be great! I don't see any sparkles next to my maxed Pokemon.

I'm confused about this as well. I've EV trained my mons, and their stats are higher than they would otherwise be, but I see no sparkle...

When does the sparkle occur? Once you've EV trained them? Or once that Pokemon is at Lv100? Or do their IVs need to be max as well before the stat is considered maxed?

Ash-Greninja from the demo has max speed and total iv, so when you view its summary page and press Y to show EV you'll find the shape in blue and the word speed sparkling.

Ash-Greninja from the demo has max speed and total iv, so when you view its summary page and press Y to show EV you'll find the shape in blue and the word speed sparkling.
OMGGGG THANK YOU I SEE IT. But still what's the point of the chart thaf doesn't have your EVs appearing first. Finally I'm more comfortable now EV training

To hide them from casual players i guess.
I haven't started preparing for competitive play, but I heard many people prefer SOS-chaining with EV-enhancing items.
Also, EV-reducing berries still work on Pokemon with max friendship.

OMGGGG THANK YOU I SEE IT. But still what's the point of the chart thaf doesn't have your EVs appearing first. Finally I'm more comfortable now EV training
To add on to this, Mohn will say "I don't think it can go higher" if your EVs in the stat are maxed out.

I haven't started preparing for competitive play, but I heard many people prefer SOS-chaining with EV-enhancing items.

Maybe so, but for folks like me, who have a full-time, 40-hour job, you don't have the luxury of time for SOS-chaining, so Pelago is perfect.

Back