• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

What about this kind of "tech" in Charizard ex?

matuxlogan

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Veteran

Hi everyone! i'm a TCG Pokemon player since 2001 (i'm 22 years old right now) so... you know.
I'm from Argentina, so im rly sorry about my poor english (pls understand)

So here we go!

Pokemon
  • 4 Charizard EX (flame explosion)
  • 1 Pyoar
  • 1 Litleo
  • 2 Magnamite
  • 1 Magneton
  • 2 Magnezone (ability)
Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Shauna
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Blacksmith
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Rare Candy
  • 3 Switch
  • 1 Surprise Megaphone
  • 1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine (any advice?)
  • 2 Prof. Letter
  • 1 Pal Pad
  • 1 Max Potion
Energy
  • 10 Fire Energy
  • 3 Double Coloress

Strategy

Well, im a great fan of charizard, so when i notice this new card i was like "omg i need a deck with that". The Strategy is rly simple:
Charizard main attacker 150 + muscle band 20 + toxic 10 = 180 Kill secure. But the problem is about the accelaration in this deck, with blacksmith. This card is a Support, so i been looking about what can i do with this problem? I mean, i tested and it's rly bad get the blacksmith after used a juniper or shauna, so i thought abaout Maganazone (2 supp in the same turn). That sound rly nice, nicer with lissandre, but i don't know. I just need some advice about this, what change should i do? If u got another list ill be glad to read it. So.. Thank u very much, and see you in the field!

Hey man! I've edited your list to coincide with the rules! If you could, please try to use a bit better English in the future -- I get the fact you are from Argentina, but you still use textese ("u" instead of "you" and "rly" instead of "really") and that kind of bites. Thanks! :D ~Kecleon

It's an interesting idea that I think can work, just needs some tweaks:

-1 Charizard EX
-3 Shauna
-1 Blacksmith
-1 Professors letter
-1 Ultra Ball

+3 N
+1 Skyla
+2 Flame torch
+1 Pokemon fan club

Basically cutting some exess cards to make it more consistent. If you want me to explain anything in detail just ask.

Definitely try to find a place for Jirachi EX. Stellar Guidance is too good in this format, and it's a perfect complement to Dual Brains.

OblivionDvdr said:

-1 Charizard EX
-3 Shauna
-1 Blacksmith
-1 Professors letter
-1 Ultra Ball

+3 N
+1 Skyla
+2 Flame torch
+1 Pokemon fan club

Basically cutting some exess cards to make it more consistent. If you want me to explain anything in detail just ask.

hi! thanks for your help, i think those change can work, but if u can explain me those changes will be awesome! Thank u again !

Shinigami said:
Definitely try to find a place for Jirachi EX. Stellar Guidance is too good in this format, and it's a perfect complement to Dual Brains.

Hi! yes, jirachi ex is a great card in the current format, i mean we all know... low hp, ex, 2 prizes, but with this format, and in the future, this card is amazing. I'll try to make some place for Jirachi. Thanks!

Shinigami said:

But using Jirachi is like wanting to lose at some point, one day, you will have to start with it.

Hey, I'm gonna explain all the stuff I said the other day for ya, all the explainations are gonna be in bold in the quote (hopefully).[/b]

matuxlogan said:
OblivionDvdr said:

-1 Charizard EX 4 charizard is excessive
-3 Shauna N is better (see below)
-1 Blacksmith 4 is just too many; with DCE you're fine
-1 Professors letter we just needed some space, and 1 is fine anyway
-1 Ultra Ball even with blacksmith, 4 is excessive

+3 N this deck is gonna set up slow; it's a nice card for early game and It can help pull off a late-game comeback
+1 Skyla consistency card really, helps get set up
+2 Flame torch boost draw power even further, another card to discard the fire energy
+1 Pokemon fan club nice search card in here really

hi! thanks for your help, i think those change can work, but if u can explain me those changes will be awesome! Thank u again !

Shinigami said:

Hi! yes, jirachi ex is a great card in the current format, i mean we all know... low hp, ex, 2 prizes, but with this format, and in the future, this card is amazing. I'll try to make some place for Jirachi. Thanks!

Jirachi is interesting, I'll give you that much. Starting with it is a pain though, and you want at least 10(ish) other basics in the deck if you want to give him a whirl. I think it's definately worth trying. It's late so my brain isn't working, I'll reply tommorrow with more useful commentary .

Back