Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Mia placed the last vote we needed to lynch Camo. Also notice how he (Camo) hasn't visited this thread at all since yesterday.

Yeah- I mean, I asked you already. What do you think about the cases on Celever and Miyami? I guess you can answer that tomorrow.

Well, it's not declared game freeze yet, so here you go:

Celever - I'm not sure about it, at first glance it looks normal active Celever play to me. From simsands' side, I think it's a little exaggerated at some points (the voting and pressure on tgk to be specific, I mean, it was understandable after he revealed/claimed yesterday), but then Celever's response hasn't been good either, especially that one where he explicitly said he refused to answer to the pressure/questions which seemed to me like he was playing the victim. And -that- possibly equates to scum trying to AtE or look like an innocent being accused.

Miyami - I already said I found her claim strange, mostly because of how complex it is. Though with Dogger's response to it, I concede that it might not be so far-fetched after all. Plus with the flavor in the PM she posted, I have some candidates for possible roles the thief could be. There aren't that many thieves in the series actually.

@Reinforce - I promise to respond your next big post :]

Yes, please. It gets really lonely :p

I think that tomorrow we should look into who Camo has been targeting and pushing lynches on. He's generally pretty smart with this though - he often will push on a scumbuddy a little bit when they're being noticeably scummy. I'd also look at votes and stuff like that as normal. Finally player's interactions with Camo should be looked at. Combining all of these techniques should produce some nice lynch options.

The most notable would be him pushing on Celever really hard today. Then again, he does seem to do that almost every game, regardless of his alignment, so I'm not sure we can put it as "scum trying to push a lynch on town" scenario, which can sometimes make the other player seem town.

Well, it's not declared game freeze yet, so here you go:

Celever - I'm not sure about it, at first glance it looks normal active Celever play to me. From simsands' side, I think it's a little exaggerated at some points (the voting and pressure on tgk to be specific, I mean, it was understandable after he revealed/claimed yesterday), but then Celever's response hasn't been good either, especially that one where he explicitly said he refused to answer to the pressure/questions which seemed to me like he was playing the victim. And -that- possibly equates to scum trying to AtE or look like an innocent being accused.

Miyami - I already said I found her claim strange, mostly because of how complex it is. Though with Dogger's response to it, I concede that it might not be so far-fetched after all. Plus with the flavor in the PM she posted, I have some candidates for possible roles the thief could be. There aren't that many thieves in the series actually.

Yes, please. It gets really lonely :p

The most notable would be him pushing on Celever really hard today. Then again, he does seem to do that almost every game, regardless of his alignment, so I'm not sure we can put it as "scum trying to push a lynch on town" scenario, which can sometimes make the other player seem town.

I agre. I also think simsands exaggerad with the points on Celever regarding tgk. I also thought Celever's done AtE, though I can't remember exactly what was it, and if it was also what you are referring to. (I'm on my phone for the next 12 hours and it's hard to look back because my phone is really slow and crashed a lot).

Does any of the roles you think the thief is appear on KX's role names post?

No. Technically,
Wendy Oldbag takes a camera in case 2-4.
But the other names aren't the names of theives if I remember correctly.

I agre. I also think simsands exaggerad with the points on Celever regarding tgk. I also thought Celever's done AtE, though I can't remember exactly what was it, and if it was also what you are referring to. (I'm on my phone for the next 12 hours and it's hard to look back because my phone is really slow and crashed a lot).

This is the one I'm referring to; see if it's the same as yours:

Honestly I have no interest in responding to the semantics of this case any more. This is completely stereotypical Camo's scum play and it's seriously toxic to the community. I know of a few people who don't play on this site because of it. My response won't elicit a change in the minds of the simsands or Camo, who have pulled out their tunnel vision goggles, and at this point there's enough content (or lack thereof) for the other players to draw their own conclusions, which we can see they already have.

Oh, but not responding to the arguments is an arbitrary "scumtell". Responding to the arguments is distracting, though -- this is a scumtell too. This is what I mean by "An experienced player can make anything a scumtell" and it essentially means that on this site with players like Camo and bbninjas, those who post, get lynched.

@King Xerneas, you aren't posting. Players need to post ;)
@GM DracLord, same goes for you.

Idr any others off the top of my head rn.

The comments regarding the community and meta are what suggest AtE to me, in addition to giving up. Also there's him painting the players pressuring him as tunneling whose minds can no longer be changed. All of these are signs of AtE.

I don't think he's entirely wrong though. What I'm concerned here is the timing: simsands posting a long case about Celever (mostly consisting of Day 1 activities which we are all aware aren't reliable) follows Camo amping up his pressure on Celever. It almost feels.. coordinated? Or something like that. Now that we have Camo almost confirmed as scum, it only raises the oddity I feel about it. I could see a possible simsands-Camo scum duo. If Celever hadn't done and posted something as similarly scummy, I'd be more inclined to think this.

Does any of the roles you think the thief is appear on KX's role names post?

No. PikaMasterJesi's suggestion really did occur, but the thievery is not central to the character. As far as there are actual thieves that have plot relevance, there is one in the 5th game and 2 in the 3rd game that I'm choosing from.

The comments regarding the community and meta are what suggest AtE to me, in addition to giving up. Also there's him painting the players pressuring him as tunneling whose minds can no longer be changed. All of these are signs of AtE.

If Celever hadn't done and posted something as similarly scummy, I'd be more inclined to think this.

Celever using AtE is not a scumtell. I've been town and used AtE. I've been scum and used AtE. I believe the same is with Celever. It's more how the AtE is used, and when. I personally think this is mostly neutral AtE from Celever, perhaps slightly town as it indicates a player frustrated that no one is listening to their logic (similar situation to when I use this form of AtE as both alignments).

This is the one I'm referring to; see if it's the same as yours:

I don't think he's entirely wrong though. What I'm concerned here is the timing: simsands posting a long case about Celever (mostly consisting of Day 1 activities which we are all aware aren't reliable) follows Camo amping up his pressure on Celever. It almost feels.. coordinated? Or something like that. Now that we have Camo almost confirmed as scum, it only raises the oddity I feel about it. I could see a possible simsands-Camo scum duo. If Celever hadn't done and posted something as similarly scummy, I'd be more inclined to think this.

No. PikaMasterJesi's suggestion really did occur, but the thievery is not central to the character. As far as there are actual thieves that have plot relevance, there is one in the 5th game and 2 in the 3rd game that I'm choosing from.

No. I checked. It is when he said that he is probably going to get called out for tunneling when he kept asking bbninjas questions. I didn't give it much weight since I think he has made a similar post in the past, though I saw that he did it again in another post (saying "I am always called out for etc"). Anyway, your pick also points AtE (even more than what I have picked), yet I feel like it is not enough to determine he is scummy in that regard. It's very hard to read him with generic terms since he often does them (claim for no reason, for example, in another game). That's why I laughed when he said Camo is hard to read and that he should be scanned as probably the only way to find out if he's scum or not.

Celever using AtE is not a scumtell. I've been town and used AtE. I've been scum and used AtE. I believe the same is with Celever. It's more how the AtE is used, and when. I personally think this is mostly neutral AtE from Celever, perhaps slightly town as it indicates a player frustrated that no one is listening to their logic (similar situation to when I use this form of AtE as both alignments).

So deciding what is AtE or not and whether it is automatically scummy or not would be subjective then, yeah? Me, though, I put it down as a scummy thing for a player in my notepad, rather than wasting time gauging whether it's a town or scum AtE. Most of the time those who resort to AtE is when they aren't confident that role results and logic would bail them out, which is suspect anyway. But I don't mark their alignment as clear scum based on it yet. It's the more solid proof that would come from the future, and by then I would say this might be supporting proof.

No. I checked. It is when he said that he is probably going to get called out for tunneling when he kept asking bbninjas questions. I didn't give it much weight since I think he has made a similar post in the past, though I saw that he did it again in another post (saying "I am always called out for etc"). Anyway, your pick also points AtE (even more than what I have picked), yet I feel like it is not enough to determine he is scummy in that regard. It's very hard to read him with generic terms since he often does them (claim for no reason, for example, in another game). That's why I laughed when he said Camo is hard to read and that he should be scanned as probably the only way to find out if he's scum or not.

Yeah, paranoia and looking like he's being attacked. But fair point, I'll just be making a note of this under Celever's name on my notes, regardless.

And yeah, that sounds kind of ironic with what has happened. Thanks Luis.

@xDoggerx, I'm concerned about how objective your posts are.
Sorry, just trying to speak out my mind...

How is that question not a role fish? How can she explain that without revealing anything about her ability?
Good point, didn't think it completely... What I was trying to understand was: Why would something be dangerous for the scum enough to be targeted as a night kill while also being something that looks scummy?

Sorry for the delay on the answer, posting this before day ends.

##unvote
##vote: camoclone

So deciding what is AtE or not and whether it is automatically scummy or not would be subjective then, yeah? Me, though, I put it down as a scummy thing for a player in my notepad, rather than wasting time gauging whether it's a town or scum AtE. Most of the time those who resort to AtE is when they aren't confident that role results and logic would bail them out, which is suspect anyway. But I don't mark their alignment as clear scum based on it yet. It's the more solid proof that would come from the future, and by then I would say this might be supporting proof.
That's fair enough. You should note, however, that Celever had already tried to logically defend against this case (with legitimate defense mind you) before he gave up. The issue is that the defense, as it was apparent to Celever, fell on deaf ears.

Sorry, just trying to speak out my mind...

Good point, didn't think it completely... What I was trying to understand was: Why would something be dangerous for the scum enough to be targeted as a night kill while also being something that looks scummy?

Sorry for the delay on the answer, posting this before day ends.

I get your point that you were trying to find the logic in that, but there is no way to answer that without revealing anything. Also, I can think about at least one example for it. Not sure if it's a good idea to say it so I'll tell you after the game is over, since it is kinda off topic imo.

Huh, in most games when we hit a game freeze and the hosts aren't on we just kinda do it unofficially and stop talking.

But sure, tu quoque. :U

I agree with @bbninjas that looking back at past interactions which Camo has had would be beneficial, but as others have mentioned, Camo's a good player who won't give stuff away through his interactions alone. I have no doubt that he has attacked a few townies throughout this game already (I guess that could be swayed by me being one of them but hey). It's also possible that he's bussed a partner. I think that the most probable time where he's bussed a partner would be an inactive. Did he ever try to pile on pressure on players like Xerneas, grant, Drac, Prof (on Day 2), Sky or Dogger for relatively no reason? If I find the time I will take a look back myself, but this is a query which I'd appreciate bb to check on while he's going through the thread.

@Reinforce's point about @simsands and Camoclone possibly rehearsing is an interesting query, but most of the time from what I've seen of Camo's scum play he's not actually that much of a team player, by which I mean I don't think he's ever tried something as ballsy as a pre-planned case or anything before -- especially not this early. It'd definitely be a different take on things (and would be more relevant if Camo had posted the original case and simsands buddied him) but for those reasons I'm not super convinced by it.

Night 2

Lots of cases had been brought to court today, but the one that had really seemed convincing was on Camoclone. When asked what he had to say to this, he did not respond. So they deemed him guilty. As the cops came to arrest him, he broke out in an act of rage and shouted one last line.

Day 2 Final Vote Count

Votes are listed in chronological order.
Names are listed in alphabetical order.
The majority for a lynch is 10.
This count is valid through post #934
The player with the most votes is tagged.
This vote count only includes thegrovylekid’s current vote as to not clutter the vote count.

@Camoclone 11: bbninjas (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote) | Luispipe8 (vote) | PikaMasterJesi (vote) | Celever (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote) l Robin Aisaga (vote) lSquirtle Squad (vote) l Jabberwock (vote) l bbninjas (vote) | King Xerneas (vote)[/s] | PikaMasterJesi (vote) | Camoclone (vote)
GM Draclord 1: scattered mind (vote)
Grantm1999 0: Squirtle Squad (vote)
Jabberwock 0: bbninjas (vote)
King Xerneas 0: Camoclone (vote) l Celever (vote)
Luispipe8 1: bbninjas (vote) | Camoclone (vote) | Squirtle Squad (vote) | Skyleaf2000 (vote)
Miyami 1: Robin Aisaga (vote) l Grantm1999 (vote) l thegrovylekid (vote) | Celever (vote)
PMJ 0 : bbninjas (vote) l
Robin Aisaga 1: PMJ (vote)
Skyleaf2000 0 : PMJ (vote) l Camoclone (vote) | Squirtle Squad (vote)

Not Voting: Reinforce l simsands l xDoggerx

"You may have gotten me, but the others won't go down as easily!"

After this the cops shoved him into the van, and drove him off to the Detention Center. While there, they conducted investigations and discovered his identity.

Camoclone has been lynched! He was:
You are Daryan Crescend and you are aligned with Betty’s Murderers. You were involved with Betty’s murder knowing that Larry would be framed and Wright would be his attorney. Wright is Apollo Justice’s boss, so if you can stop him, then maybe you can leave Apollo without a job.
latest

Active Ability: Rockin’ Detective

Even though you’re no longer a detective, that doesn’t mean you can’t look for evidence. Once a night, you may PM me the name of a player. You will examine them for clues and find a piece of evidence that is part of their role. If their role has more than 1 kind of evidence, RANDOM.org will decide which piece of evidence you’ll find. You will be told what their piece of evidence does.

Evidence: Borginian Cocoon

This was the reason you’re in jail and for some reason you have it with you again. However, you’re not going to let it get caught again, so you’ve hidden it. If anyone would attempt to look into your role for evidence, they’ll find evidence that corresponds with your safe claim.

Win Condition: Outnumber everyone aligned with The Law at the start of the day

Everyone started celebrating at his arrest but then to their dismay, the lights went out and on came the voice.

"You're happy now that you've eliminated one of us, but trust me, you won't be tomorrow morning."

With this ominous threat, the partying stopped and everyone went home to get some rest before the next day of the trial.

If you have any abilities that can be used during the night, please use them.
If you think you should have received a PM, please PM us.
If you have any quicktopics, you may use them at night.
DO NOT POST IN THREAD! Doing so will result in modkill.
Night 2 ends in 48 hours on Monday, May 9th at 3:30 P.M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back