• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Weezing / Dusknoir

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Koffing PLS 56
  • 4 Weezing
  • 2 Duskull
  • 1 Dusclops
  • 2 Dusknoir
  • 1 Lugia-EX
  • 1 Mewtwo-EX
Trainers: 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Shadow Triad
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Team Plasma Ball
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Pokemon Catcher
  • 1 Escape Rope
Energy: 12
  • 6 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Plasma Energy
  • 2 DCE
Strategy

Try to get a Weezing going and spread damage as much as possible, to then set KO's with Dusknoir. Lugia is there to abuse damage manipulation and take KO's easily.

Any Suggestions?

RE: Weezing/Dusknoir

I like the idea behind this deck, and the list looks very well made. The only suggestion I may add is putting in a super rod in place if an energy search, but besides that, this deck looks pretty solid. How does it do against metagame decks you play?

OblivionDvdr said:
I like the idea behind this deck, and the list looks very well made. The only suggestion I may add is putting in a super rod in place if an energy search, but besides that, this deck looks pretty solid. How does it do against metagame decks you play?

Actually I did that, I just forgot to update. XDD Well, I have only played it on Redshark in the time I actually get the cards, but Playtesting against decks like Garchomp, Gothitelle or my Gardevoir/Gallade Build, decks that dry their resources pretty fast, they tend to Deck themselves out thanks to Weezing's Ability, and Reversal Trigger saves me a lot. Decks with [P] also tend to do badly. I still have some decks to play against, but for the moment, the only thing that is almost an Auto Loss is Darkrai, because the only way to deal damage to the active is to Catcher up a Sableye...

Considering that you've made this deck, I'm sure you've considered using glaciate Kyurem. I am we'll aware it's more difficult to set up than Weezing and doesn't have the ability, but the only reason I thought of it is because it would do better against darkrai. Obviously that isn't a great option, so I'll keep thinking of ways to deal with darkrai.

OblivionDvdr said:
Considering that you've made this deck, I'm sure you've considered using glaciate Kyurem. I am we'll aware it's more difficult to set up than Weezing and doesn't have the ability, but the only reason I thought of it is because it would do better against darkrai. Obviously that isn't a great option, so I'll keep thinking of ways to deal with darkrai.

A friend of mine actually plays that deck, but I find it more difficult to build. I would consider adding one here, but Prisms won't work and Blend don't cover it, so I think it won't be possible. It's really expensive, anyways, I'm on a tight budget.

Maybe you could add 2 Deoxys, you can get the tins for them. Use them not only for their ability, their attack does a lot of damage if they have energy on them.

OblivionDvdr said:
Maybe you could add 2 Deoxys, you can get the tins for them. Use them not only for their ability, their attack does a lot of damage if they have energy on them.

Hm, that sounds interesting, but what would you take out?

I would take out a bangle and a rare candy; Deoxys will deal with damage problems, and since you only have 2 Dusknoir and you run Dusklops, so 4 is excessive. If not a rare candy, then take out a Dusklops.

I was thinking the same thing about the Candies. And I'll give the Deoxys a shot on Redshark and see how it goes.

PS.: Updated Original Post

Well, over a year later I decided to re-build this deck now that I had everything I needed. XD I made some additions and updates and played it at League to some surprising results beating all but a Blastoise/Keldeo deck. :D Any suggestions to improve the current list?

Luispipe8 said:
Well, over a year later I decided to re-build this deck now that I had everything I needed. XD I made some additions and updates and played it at League to some surprising results beating all but a Blastoise/Keldeo deck. :D Any suggestions to improve the current list?

c8f.gif

Why. Why do you do this to me.

Kecleon-X said:
Luispipe8 said:

c8f.gif

Why. Why do you do this to me.

Well, wasn't gonna make another thread for an identical deck, wasn't I? xDDD Just don't use your Kido on the thread :p

gourgiest does the same attack for only 1 energy. just wondering if the ability is worth the extra energy or is it not that bad to put on 2 instead of 1?
also, if you are going to use weezing i would definitely suggest frozen city to add more damage and you need a stadium counter anyway

Well, I could use Gourgeist, but the Plasma Acceleration would not work and Lugia would eventually be harder to pull out. And Frozen City is actually a perfect addition, I'll test it and see how it goes. Thanks!!! :D

Back