Wednesday, 3/22, 4Kids and PUSA Situation

Lionheart

Retribution Paladin > You
I for one think its a load of crap. Why get rid of these actors. for 9 seasons, we have become accustomed to the character voices and personalities. TO change their voices, means the meaning behind that character changes. Believe me, I know what Im talking about...I study performing arts, and media studies. The fans can tell when there is a change in voice. Whats wrong with the world...

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Just a little thing called money that influences how people act, who they are, and how successful they will be. :p God / The Bible had a point when they said money was the root of all evil.

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
RE:  Wednesday, 3/22, 4Kids and PUSA Situation

Water Pokémon Master said:
Just a little thing called money that influences how people act, who they are, and how successful they will be. :p God / The Bible had a point when they said money was the root of all evil.
Very true.

PKM4

League Leader - Tournament Organizer - Professor
This change in voice actors is going to hurt the show tremendously. It's just wrong and crazy, I mean why would you change the voice actors when the show is doing so good. And believe me the fans will notice a change in the voices. IT COMPLETELY SUCKS!!!

bangiras

Aspiring Trainer
News Staff
Eh, it's business. How many times has Bugs Bunny's voice changed over the years? If PUI gets good voice actors, kids won't be able to tell the difference (and fact is, 4KIDS has swapped VAs a few times and nobody's cared). I'm choosing to be optimistic about the transfer of rights because 4Kids is one of the worst localizers in existance and I'm positive that PUI will treat the show with more respect than 4Kids ever did. We shall see what happens when the anniversary special airs.

masterryanx

N
This is a load of bull in my opinion. I thought this might benefit the anime but only if the voice actors are kept. When I found this out I bacame outraged. I've been watching Pokemon ever since it's debut, this is a very sad day for Pokemon. Everyone write to PUSA!! It's never too late!

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
I personally think PUSA may be doing this in order to improve the show - since even though it's probably 4kids' best quality show, it's still being botched up quite a bit, especially over the past few years. I really don't think they'd try to save a little bit of money and get a ton of fans angry. There goal could be to end up with a show that more people respect... but the money thing is entirely possible. :p
Either way, I think they would still try to get the old VAs if they could, but I have a feeling 4kids has some sort of contract that wouldn't make this all work.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That stinks because we have had theese actors for 10 whole years and the show is a #1 hit here in the U.S. and the episodes are awesome. I think the show will get better when pokemon USA takes over and according to you guys 4 kids can go suck eggs because evidently they are not holding up their end of the deal and I guess they don't care what happens in the future and I wish we could still have the same actors because the actors are the ones that made it a phenominon and I hope they can stay.:)

Pokemon_Master_THW

Aspiring Trainer
Even though I don't live in the US, but I have watched the show for all episodes till the 7th season (here, in singapore, they stopped showing new episodes, hope they bring in the 8th season). And I have grown accustomed to these voice actors. Changing them just removes the whole familiarity with the show, and for me, is a huge problem. Different voices, therefore different show, therefore different feelings to the show, therefore might equals to dropped TV ratings.
AHHHHHH... ... !!!

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
All I remember is that I cracked up when I heard Ash was voiced by a woman. Nevertheless, I am a little sad that the show is selling out. I used to watch it... I remember crying after "Bye Bye Butterfree". Oh, by the way, are they getting rid of Pikachu's voice actor?

davidy321

Aspiring Trainer
they definitely should NOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOT change the voice actors! they are very good and they should continue. in the long run even in terms of money and especially reputation they should not change!

Lionheart

Retribution Paladin > You
Porygon said:
Pikachu's voice actor won't change, since she has nothing to do with 4kids.

-___- of all the characters...

I signed that petition. Anyway I can help, im in!

masterryanx

N
RE:  Wednesday, 3/22, 4Kids and PUSA Situation

davidy321 said:
where do u write to to complain

[email protected]

also you can write in to...

Pokémon USA
777 108 Ave NE #2000
Belleview WA 98004

Pokemon U.S.A. Inc.
400 Madison Avenue
New York NY 10017

and

Pokemon USA
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York 10036

also sign Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart's guestbooks. That could rally up some more fans who may not know yet.

www.veronicataylor.net
www.ericstuart.com

I suggest doing all of the above it can't hurt.

Hurry up! It's never to late!