• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

We need HoPe! (Mew EX / Terrakion / Rayquaza) BW-On

Red Striker

VGC Trainer
Man, it's been a while since I posted a decklist....
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemanz (12)
3 Mew EX
1 Shaymin EX
2 Drakrai EX
1 Terrakion EX
3 Terrakion (NV)
2 Rayquaza (Drgn. Ex. Shiny)
T / S / S (33)
2 N
4 Juniper
2 Bianca
1 Cheren
2 Reciever
3 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Switch
3 Catcher
3 Super Rod
2 Communication
3 Heavy Ball
3 Eviolite
Energy (16)
4 Prism
2 DCE
3 Blend {D}{R}{G}{P}
7 Fighting

Objective:

This deck's inspiration came from the once-was HoPe deck back in SP - era, as well as a desire to bring diversity to this ever-so bland format (gee, sounds like something I'm always saying in VGC). The strategy: counter the format. It doesn't get much simpler than that. Eels, Dragons, and many other deck popular deck variants may seem hard to counter at one time, but when broken down, a common teambuilding phrase of mine pops into place: "For every common threat, there is a common answer."

ChompTaria:

Rayquaza is my solution here. I can either start with it and KO their starts, as almost everything it needs to set up is 1-2HKO'd by Rayquaza, or easily set up its secondary attack and OHKO opposing Garchomps or Altartias. Copying Chomp's attack with Mew might not be a bad idea, either, since it's a 2HKO on Garchomp anyways.

DarkDreigon

This deck loathes any other with both Dragon and Fighting combined. Terrakion doesn't mind handling Darkrai (especially with free retreat from my own Darkrai), and as for Hydra... I might be in a bit of a bind. Mew could copy Dreigon's attach and OHKO with a PlusPower (which I don't have), but at the cost of two Prism / Blend Energy. Rayquaza could OHKO Dreigon, but that's assuming Catcher doesn't take it out first. My best option is Terrakion EX, which survives 2 of Dreigon's attacks and still 2HKO's it. Either that or I sweep late game with Shaymin EX.

Eels

In most cases, it's either ZekEels or RaikouEels. In those cases, Terrakion does splendidly. Okay, so you KO'd one of my regular Tarrakions. Retaliate for the KO (with the exception to if the target has Eviolite). QuazaEels is a different story. So again, Shiny Rayquaza can OHKO Rayquaza EX with its secondary attack, but outside of that, I might end up discarding countless energy via Mew EX copying Rayquaza EXs attack.

TerraPoleon

With Mew EX, I can completely laugh at this deck. The most Empoleon can do is 120 with everyone at a full bench. That is a 2HKO on just about everything in this deck (bar non-Eviolite equipped Sharmin EX). Terrakion (EX and regular) and Darkrai land a good 2HKO on it, and if everyone is at a full bench, Mew will do just the same by copying Empoleon's attack. Terrakion may seem like another threat, but by keeping a Shaymin in the reserves, said issue is quickly resolved.

Okay, I might be missing one or two deck variants, so if I am, please tell me. Otherwise, have at it!

RE: We need HoPe! (Mew EX / Terrakion / Rayquaza)

As whole your deck it's self does not like Enchanting Hammer.

Most Garbador(DR) Variants are gonna give you hell. since you lack both tool scrapper and an effective means of OHKing Garbador. Which is a problem, if it gets in play all your Mew Exs become dead card and you'll lose your free retreat. Not sure what you could drop for 2 Tool Scrapper. The Big Garbador decks I can see you playing against are Terrakion/Mewtwo/Garbador(most likely varient to become popular) and Registeel/Groudon/Garbador, though you could face something like the Entie/Garbador deck I run.

Terrakion/Mewtwo/Garbador:
The moment a Terrakion ex gets going your in trouble when they start accelerating I've seen some varients run enchanting hammer to disable Shaymin plus both Shaymin and Mew Ex get one shoted by Bouffalant(DR). Also with just 4 energy between them Mewtwo ex will always ko Mew Ex while another Mew ex cannot do the same without plus power.

Registeel/Groudon/Garbador:
This is the by far in my opinion the slowest to get going of the 3 especially since you have Hammer to get rid of those DCE's Registeel needs. But again one of those situations where you have to really not let your opponent get any energy because baring Terrakion EX everything else in your deck gets OHK by Giant Claw after a triple laser, or 2 tromps without an Eviolite.

Entei/Garbador:
This match-up comes down to once Garbador is set-up your opponent is gonna get there attackers going before you Thanks to Entei's Grand Flame letting them basically attach 2 energy a turn. Also unlike the above decks your not hitting anything in this deck super effectively so you won't be OHKing things in a deck that runs Max Potion and/or Super Scoop - Up.

Also all 3 decks are gonna likely run 3 to 4 switches in there deck so with only 3 Catchers you could end up burning 2 or all your catchers trying to kill one Garbador for your opponent to have another one already ready to take it's spot.

[/sand=Zaloog91]

You bring up a very valid point. I might want to remove my Crushing Hammers for Tool Scrapper. Though the energy discarding might help in some cases, relying on a coinflip to determine the overall outcome isn't exactly ideal.

But I need a final verdict: should it be done?

After some thought my suggestions

-2 Bianca (When you consider that your not running ultra ball and if you opponent isn't running special energy your hand at times can become clogged)
-3 Crushing Hammer

+2 Tool Scrapper
+1 N
+2 Cheren(As I said above if your hand ends up clogged Cheren's +3 is gonna serve you better then Bianca netting you 2 to 0 cards early and mid game.)

I might do all of the above, only:

+3 Tool Scrapper
+2 Cheren

Also, I have this decklist posted on another forum as well, and it seems like anything with Virizion and/or Registeel is going to clobber me. A Fire type would do the trick....

EDIT: Entei EX seems tempting....

Back