• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Water Box (Silvally GX / Lapras GX / Volcanion Prism Star)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
WATER BOX

250px-Sugimori_131.png

Pokémon (12):
  • 1 Volcanion Prism Star (beatdown)
  • 1 Keldeo SM3 (beatdown)
  • 2 Silvally GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Type: Null (evolution)
  • 3 Lapras GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (search)
  • 1 Oranguru SM1 (draw)
Trainer (34):
  • 3 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 2 Brigette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Fire Memory (beatdown)
  • 3 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Aqua Patch (accelerate)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (14):
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 11 Water Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Lapras GX and use Brigette to search out Type: Null and two other attackers. Bench Volcanion Prism Star and evolve the benched Type: Null into Silvally GX to obtain free retreat and a third means to accelerate energy. Use Max Elixir and Aqua Patch in addition to Turbo Drive to set up two attackers and utilize Volcanion Prism Star to disrupt the opponent when needed. Volcanion Prism Star is also a decent attacker that enables Lapras GX to hit numbers with Choice Band attached to him.

Hamad

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
WOAH!

I'm so impressed with this strategy, so many control abilities, plus I love the spice you added there! Keldeo! :D
Definitely I'm going to try this list out in the future!

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Hamand,

Thanks for the review. Anything you would improve?

Hi Andrewninja4,

Thanks for the review. Keldeo is indeed from Shinning Legends. I wanted another non-GX attacker in this deck that is half decent.

Andrewninja4

The Monkey King
Maybe add switch or some other way of letting lapras attack every turn. eg. attack with lapras, switch/guzma, retreat back into lapras, attack.
-edit remebered silvally ability

Last edited:

Seth Vilo

Perspiring Trainer
One cool thing I like doing with this deck specifically is a single copy of Dawn Wings Necrozma. That way if you've dedicated your resources to one Lapras, you have a way to keep that one attacking over multiple turns. Jump into the active with Dawn Wings, then retreat using Gyro Unit. Dawn Wings also has the benefit of getting a Silvally out of the active if you don't want to have to pay retreat.

If Dawn Wings scares you as a 2-prize tech, another option is the Wishiwashi with Cowardice. First you attack with Lapras of course. Then next turn, you retreat the Lapras into the Wishiwashi. Then you use Wishiwashi's ability to pull it back into your hand, putting the Lapras up that can now attack again. Wishi's drawbacks are: 1) that it's easily sniped with its 30 HP if it's left on the bench (Buzzwole, Decidueye, Latios), and 2) it can't be used to get Silvally out of the active.

Neat techs, and I hope it helps a bit! I've been messing with Silvally Waters a bit and it's neat.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
I've also messed around with this deck and really like it! I used Tapu Fini-GX in my list to grab a few surprise KO's with the 120 snipe (works well with aqua patch) and for the GX attack as well.

I call the deck Water Vally since there's a place close to where I live called Water Valley :)

I also use Psychic and Fighting memory (Zoroark and Buzzwole counters) in my list and 1 Skyla to grab the right tool for the job.