Want to Become a Strategist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Pro and im 12 and I come from Thailand. I played Pokemon since Holon Phantoms, and I like Pokemon very much!

Reasons why I should be a strat:

1. I like playing Pokemon.
2. I created the Ninetails ex+ Blastoise ex+ Ninetails (DF) combo of attacking 100 on 1st turn.
3. I can make combos and can make a review of a card.

so I look forward that you will pick me as a strat, thank you in advance.

NerdyPerson said:
Hy
I would like to be a strat.
I own three forums (only one is "alive"). www.ostrnovo.proboards51.com is one of them. I know you don't understand slovenian lang. but you can see it is pretty active. I am active on lots of forums (more then 15).
about me:
Name: Dev
Pokemons:
I play them from my 7th year. I play them only 2 years on tournaments and I am not so good (same reason --- I don't have enough money). My best position was 2nd on DS prerelease.
--------------------------------------
If you want to know anything else about me ... just ask :D
Here you go... the whole post (again)

Um hello,

I'm  Poliwag. THE Poliwag from Pokegym.

I got busy last time around, but I have been working on creating space for this job for a few weeks now.

Um ok some numbers, I've been in 4 cc's making top 2 in 2 of them(winning one) and top 4 in another. MY Overall record including top cut is I believe 14-7 or something I'll double check it.

My ranking is 1714.23 which is 2nd in Illinois Senior Division and 9th In all three divisions and as many of you know, Illinois is one of the most competitive states in the country.

I've won 3 Prereleases in the past year and a half in the Senior division. (Unseen Forces, Dragon Frontiers, Legend Maker)

I have former experience here with the strategist position.

Any other questions?

Yes, I don't see Whicker and Jreeves as Strategists anymore...Why?

The strategists position are probably not forgotten about. Everyone is very busy at the moment - so please be patient.

What needs to be driven home (and I'm sure I speak for everyone else with this) is the fact that:

1. Excellent (top notch) grammar is essential
2. You must have time! There is 2 hours (1 hour either way) of work each week...if you honestly (think carefully for a minute) do not have the time, then do not apply!

My team has an empty slot so I'll see one of you guys in the near future. Just be sure you have both of those 2 qualities!
I'm making it sound horrible. It's really alot of fun, I promise:)
Jack

It's neglecting.

I think their applications were not up to his standard...(No offence)

I am looking to apply. I am usually available for a few hours every weeknight and a good bit each weekend. I honestly have the time. I do have schools on weekdays but, so does WPM. I can usually work for the hour right after school and for another any time I need to. On other weekends, I can work every morning for 1 hour and also near nighttime.

I have participated in many prereleases. I am 3-1 in my Holon Phantoms, Crystal Guardians and Dragon Frointiers prereleases.

I made Kingler d and Flymence before they were "archetypes". I know many people who are good, have played Spencer Duncan (second at worlds last year) and I play a lot. And being from Michigan, I know Jason Klaczynski.

I love your ratings and think that I could help with some of the combos.I have great spelling and grammar shown as I won my school's spelling bee. I work well with deadlines and can be told what to do. I can also get along with people.

Please consider me and thank you for reading this.

Name: Marcus Raj
Location: Australia (Beware of the spelling differences in some words)

About Me:
-------------------------------------------------------
My name is Marcus, and Pokemon is my major hobby. I play a number of other games, but Pokemon I play about 2 to 3 hours a day. I go to league every Sunday, and test new decks and strategies. Probably, one of my best abilities is that I can pick up nearly any deck without looking at it, and play it quiet well. I've been known to create winning plans from the cards I see in play, when it seems all hope is lost. Probably one of my weaker qualities in the Pokemon TCG, is my deck building ability (on a scale of 1 to 10, i'm about a 6). Rest assured, I do have the time to take out of my week and give a decent review on the given Pokemon Card.

Reason for applying to become a Pokebeach strategist:
-------------------------------------------------------
I do enjoy analyzing cards for friends here at our league, and I would like to continue this activity on a larger scale. As such, I think being a Pokebeach strategist will give me that opportunity. Plus, being a strategist, and sharing my knowledge with the Pokebeach community is a great way to give back to the game, which has given me so much.

Edit: I was unaware that we were working together as a team on card reviews. If this is the case, I want to be a strategist more than ever now, as I enjoy discussion about the Pokemon TCG very much, and to publish articles as a team would just be fantastic. Either way, this is a fantastic position and I would still want it just as much.

Player History:
------------------------------------------------------
I am currently ranked 2nd in Asia Pacific. My tournament history-
- Australian National Champion 2006
- Melbourne City Champion 2007
- Victoria State Championships Judge 2006
- 5th at Australian Nationals 2005
- Runner Up at Australian Nationals 2004
- Various Pre-Release Winner

Unfortunately, due to a system glitch, my participation in the 2004 and 2005 events were not recorded on my player history at op.pokemon.com.au

- I ran the Pokemon TCG side event at the Pokemon 10th Anniversary Tour last year in Melbourne, along side a close friend who ran the TFG side event.

My Card Reviews will have:
---------------------------------------
- A full paragraph on the card 'at first glance': flaws, strengths etc etc.
- An in depth analysis of the card: basic combos, viability
- A guide on how the card can work: Decks, Other Pokemon
- Conclusion: rating out of 10, and summary of the analysis

That's it for my application. My activity on the forums has been dead in the past few months, but I do read often. For an example of my work (it's not exactly a card review, and I did do it at 1am, so it's not my BEST work ever), use this link: Lionheart's Deckbuilding Article

Many Thanks for reading my Application
Marcus

In conjuction with JPO's Post, you will also need:-

• Experience --Without it, what will you write? I doubt WPM wants People to write Articles from scratch.
  • Time --Okay, maybe it's just me, but you don't exactly need 2 hours or so. To me, 1/2 an hour helps me just fine.
  • Teamwork --Like what Lionheart said, you are NOT doing a Review alone. That's a tip.

Without any of that, you're through. You're going to be wasting your time, and water inside your body crying your eyes out. So, be smart, drop out now if you know you don't have any requirements above.

I edited my application. I knew that we would be discussing our articles with other strategists, but, as I edited in, to be publishing them as a team would just be a great opportunity. Anyway, thats my 2 cents lol.

Marcus

Hello, I would like to become a Strategist. I compete in local Pokemon tournaments every weekend, and have placed first three times in the past. I enjoy Pokemon TCG (and other forms of Pokemon) and wish to continue getting better at it. I have liked it and had the cards for about five years now, but just started back up a half-year earlier. I think I could help with writing card reviews since I see lots of them being used in different types of decks every Saturday. I usually have one hour of the computer on weekdays, and it varies on the weekends, but I usually have more than one hour. But don't worry, I am sure I will have time to write a card review during the week.

Thanks,
The Guardian of the Sea

Hello, I am Simon, 16, from England, as know as jigglypuff666 on Pokegym. I am available for a couple of hours every weeknight and most of the time at weekends.

I have been playing and collecting Pokemon cards since it was first released in the UK, but only started atending tournaments in 2003. When the first rotation came in (Expedition onwards) I had to take a break for a while as I didn't have a legal deck, but continued to buy Pokemon cards and play at home. Since Ex Team Aqua versus Team Magma came out, I have been a regular attendee at the Norwich league. When I started to attend regularly, I was only using a Team Magma theme deck, but managed to get to the final of my first lague tournament. After making some modifications, I managed to win a City Championships in my age group in Febuary 2004. At the English National Championships, I came fourth in the 11-14 age group using my version of a Gardevoir deck. In the 2004-2005 season, I came fourth at a City Championships, fifth in the Norwich State Championships, leading me to fourteenth at the National Championships, again in the 11-14 age group, and coming 38th in the rankings in the 15+ age group (my birthday was in the summer) for that season with a rating of 1702.00 in that season. In the 2005-2006 season, I came second and fourth in the two City Championships I attended, got an invite to the National Championships, but wasn't able to attend, leading to seventh in the 15+ age group with a rating of 1857.00. So far in the 2006-2007 season, I have placed second in the Battlenet Championships and third in the Norwich City Championships.

For the Prereleases I have attended, I have come out of the top 8 in the Ex Fire Red Leaf Green prerelease, third in the Ex Unseen Forces prerelease, out of the top cut in the Ex Holon Phantoms Prerelease, first and unbeaten in the Ex Crystal Gaurdians prerelease, and out of the top cut in the Ex Dragon Frontiers and Ex Power Keepers prereleases.

At the league, I have consistently been doing well in the weekly tournaments.

I feel as though I would be well suited to becoming a strategist because I am constantly devising new combos and deck ideas for different cards. I think I can show that I have a detailed knowledge of all the various decks and cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back