Walking Wake ex, Iron Leaves ex, and More Revealed from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge!”

Explorer’s Guidance can be good for United Wings deck. Iron Crown ex to replace Zacian V

does cobolt commander stack? cause if so you can have two on bench plus future booster and the dragon miradion can hit 280

does cobolt commander stack? cause if so you can have two on bench plus future booster and the dragon miradion can hit 280
Cobolt Commander seems to stack and based on the commercial it looks like Twin Shotels bypass Manaphy. Iron Crown ex seems to be made to combine with Iron Valiant ex to boost the attack of Iron Valiant ex and have a nice means to snipe.

Cobolt Commander seems to stack and based on the commercial it looks like Twin Shotels bypass Manaphy. Iron Crown ex seems to be made to combine with Iron Valiant ex to boost the attack of Iron Valiant ex and have a nice means to snipe.
So if I'm not mistaken, booster plus double cobolt crown allows the new miraidon to hit 280, and 220 with damage counters on the enemy?

Looking at the cards, the ones that stand out to me are Walking Wake ex, Raging Bolt ex, Iron Thorns and Iron Crown ex.

Walking Wake seems to mostly be a win more card. Probably a just in case, if Armarouge ex ever gets out of hand.

Raging Bolt ex has a lot of potential, due to having a sort of uncapped damage potential. Put it in a roaring moon deck, or make an ancient deck. It will be interesting to see that card experimented with. On the surface, if you get lucky, you could get up to 280 damage on turn 1 going second. But that seems like a lot of resources to pull it off.

Iron Thorns is more because its first attack is basically sandaconda, but not needing to flood your deck with energy so much. Seems very niche, though, as you need cards to support such a thing. By which I mean cards that aren't future cards.

Iron Crown ex however... That one might be what Gardevoir ex needs to really get going again. Except, I feel it's better placed in an Iron Valiant deck list, including Xatu. I definitely think the latter has actual legs to stand on. And if I'm reading this correctly, multiple Iron Crown ex on the bench does increase the damage further. Which seems absolutely busted, so I'm definitely not sure on this. At the very least, this allows future pokémon to swing for 4 more with future booster capsule. If you go turn 2 into switches, then you only need 1 switch for 280, most likely a magic number for a while to come. However, Charizard ex will definitely be a blockade on that front if I'm wrong in how Iron Crown ex works.

The rest seem meh to me. Stacking the deck might have niche uses with radiant Greninja at least. That's neat. Master ball is a good addition to the ACE SPEC pool, though I suspect prime catcher to be used more. And then you have your starter deck... chaff so to speak. Disappointing, for a first outing of Miraidon and Koraidon future and ancient card.

Walking Wake has potential for even more agressive starts than Roaring Moon, only needing Sada and DTE to strike turn one going second. It has standalone deck potential, but also as a partner to Moon. 100 turn one is fine, but 230 after poison is lethal to nearly all 2 prize basics if you can get Bonnet and Booster Energy out, which is simpler than Roaring Moon's energy switch+dark patch+stadium shenanigans.

Last edited:
Looking at the cards, the ones that stand out to me are Walking Wake ex, Raging Bolt ex, Iron Thorns and Iron Crown ex.

Walking Wake seems to mostly be a win more card. Probably a just in case, if Armarouge ex ever gets out of hand.

Raging Bolt ex has a lot of potential, due to having a sort of uncapped damage potential. Put it in a roaring moon deck, or make an ancient deck. It will be interesting to see that card experimented with. On the surface, if you get lucky, you could get up to 280 damage on turn 1 going second. But that seems like a lot of resources to pull it off.

Iron Thorns is more because its first attack is basically sandaconda, but not needing to flood your deck with energy so much. Seems very niche, though, as you need cards to support such a thing. By which I mean cards that aren't future cards.

Iron Crown ex however... That one might be what Gardevoir ex needs to really get going again. Except, I feel it's better placed in an Iron Valiant deck list, including Xatu. I definitely think the latter has actual legs to stand on. And if I'm reading this correctly, multiple Iron Crown ex on the bench does increase the damage further. Which seems absolutely busted, so I'm definitely not sure on this. At the very least, this allows future pokémon to swing for 4 more with future booster capsule. If you go turn 2 into switches, then you only need 1 switch for 280, most likely a magic number for a while to come. However, Charizard ex will definitely be a blockade on that front if I'm wrong in how Iron Crown ex works.

The rest seem meh to me. Stacking the deck might have niche uses with radiant Greninja at least. That's neat. Master ball is a good addition to the ACE SPEC pool, though I suspect prime catcher to be used more. And then you have your starter deck... chaff so to speak. Disappointing, for a first outing of Miraidon and Koraidon future and ancient card.
The new miraidon is good tho no? Cause it is lightning psychic which is in line with hands and valiant, and with iron crown ex and booster, it can hit 280 and then 220 of the opponent has damage counters on, and if it is paired with iron valiant you can consistently get the 220 damage attack

The only cards that stand out to me, besides the already revealed Prime Catcher, are Flutter Mane and Cryptomaniac's Deciphering.

Flutter Mane is a card I'm gonna keep an eye on as long as it takes to determine if Escape Rope is coming back or not. Blocking abilities from the active is really, really powerful against Lost Box early on, and this is way less awkward to include in a deck as opposed to Empoleon V. Any Ancient Paradox deck can actively fit it too, given its all colorless costing attack.

Several folks here already brought up Cryptomaniac fitting in with a bunch of different draw engines we have right now, including Mew ex, Squawkabilly ex, the Fleet-footed pokemon, and Bibarel.

Quick rundown on the rest:

Gouging Fire and Walking Wake both pale in comparison to Roaring Moon and Raging Bolt
Raging Bolt's HP is gigantic, but its attack cost makes it very awkward to tech, and as a standalone it still struggles with the same faults Moon has
Explorer's Guidance is niche and will find a few decks that like it
Iron Leaves serves a purpose in 1-shotting Charizard, but the prize math, low damage and grass attack cost give it much to be desired
Without additional support, I don't see Iron Crown being splashed with other Future Paradox stuff
Iron Boulder sucks
Iron Thorn's attack cost makes it really awkward to focus on as a deck. Rapid Strike Malamar this isn't.
The starter set stuff is all starter set stuff with nothing to note.

Why did they change the wording from “This Pokémon can’t use Exploding Flare during your next turn” to “This Pokémon can’t use Exploding Flare again until it leaves the Active Spot”? Are they trying to make the out-of-active-spot rules more clear?

Last edited:
The new miraidon is good tho no? Cause it is lightning psychic which is in line with hands and valiant, and with iron crown ex and booster, it can hit 280 and then 220 of the opponent has damage counters on, and if it is paired with iron valiant you can consistently get the 220 damage attack
the problem is that accelerating energy to it will be difficult, and youd have to consume a lot of resources to pull off the combo you mentioned here. where at that point, that amount of damage can easily done by other decks for less resources

Why did they change the wording from “This Pokémon can’t use Exploding Flare again” to “This Pokémon can’t use Exploding Flare again until it leaves the Active Spot”? Are they trying to make the out-of-active-spot rules more clear?
Usually the restriction is that the Pokémon can't use X attack again during their next turn; however, this wording means that Gouging Fire cannot declare that attack at all without moving out of the Active Spot entirely. Having the attack's restriction worded this way makes it clearer that it goes away when the Pokémon retreats to the Bench and becomes Active again as opposed to just "having to know" that effects are removed upon switchout

Back