Wailord

silenth

Aspiring Trainer
i was looking through the clash at the summit set and saw the new Wailord. all i could think was WOW what a beast. this thing with an expert belt can hit for 120 a turn (more with plus power, bucks training or blackbelt of the same set). add to this defenders and this can take a hit or two and still ohko almost anything.

im trying to think what to play with this for support. so far im thinking feraligatr prime with dawn stadium and maybe bronzong sf. curious what you all think of the card and what can be played with it to maximize its deadliness. thanks

LOL. I have a friend at my local league who uses a Platinum Wailord in his deck. I gotta admit, that HP takes a while to break through and he usually tsunamis at least once before the whale drowns but this new Wailord has an amazing move! It's too bad it requires a heavy energy cost which means more time to lower its HP and make the attack useless. I'd say for support you might want to keep it in the bench and run a couple of SSU's E-belts Feraligatr would really speed this thing up so Im thinking run a coulpe of Interviewer's to get those energies in your hand. Also Nidoqueen wouldn't be a bad or Blissey from platinum for that matter

yeah i was looking at nidoqueen and feraligatr but the 2 stage 2s seemed kinda bulky. im putting some thought into leafeon rr and lvx for energy excel but thats introducing another energy type. i could see the deck working with blissey and feraligatr. i would definately need 4 ssu and prolly 4 moomoo milk. and lots of energy. i can also see trainer lock being an issue for this deck. thoughts on how to get around that?

Considering the fact Luxray GL LV.X is probably still around at this point, it won't see much play. However, after the rotation, it might be given some love. Taking four turns to actually do something is ridiculous. I'd pass on Wailord, because there are better decks to be selected.

The Feraligatr Prime idea is the way to go. You'd obviously need to run Spiritomb as your starter, and then get Feraligatr to charge up your Wailord ASAP.

I really like this new Wailord with Expert Belt and Feraligatr Prime with 200 HP and an attack that does 120 damage, slap an Exploud SV tech for Erasing Sound to get rid of Weakness and you should do fine.

Only problem I see with it is the setup and there's alot of Aggro Rush decks in the current metagame with SP's, Jumpluff, and Charizard which might still be able to hold it's own against VileTomb lock with BTS. It's like before you have the chance to setup they'll get theirs in less than 5 turns which is ubsurd.

I offered up the Wailord idea three months ago for my team thread, and they rejected it sooo fast i couldnt even blink

The most LOGICAL play is like Wailord and Floatzel UL with Lucians, Elink or Shaymin UL but that's like......not perfect? Hehe, it's really hard to pull off...but it DOES have high HP for stage 1. True.

i realize it might not be the best tank deck. i know steelix would be more consistent but i still think i might try the deck out once it comes out. thoughts on lumineon for fin luster then retreat to wailord? (once wailord is set up)

Luxray GL Lv.X? Trash Bolt will do 140 and you still need 3 to 4 Poketurns to knock out an unbelted Wailord. If I were a Wailord TR player I would be glad to see a Luxchomp player expend all his Poketurns just to kill ONE Wailord.

Hard to find something than can accelerate this thing though. I thought of trying Spiritomb and a thin line of Feraligator.

Funny, before I even finished your original post I saw the card and was immediately thinking Gatr and Dawns stadium.

I can't even imagine needing anything else. You will have 180hp unbelted and can retreat if you have another on the bench, then use fishermans to bring up another wailord to start the attack again. Even if hurt when you bring up the other wailord, with Dawn's you can heal up like 40 damage.

maybe a potential decklist hits on some of the major aspects.

4 spiritomb
2-2-2 gatr prime
3-3 wailord
2-1 uxie lvx
1-1-1 nidoqueen
/22 poke

12 water
3 warp energy
/15 energy

3 collector
3 bebe
3 communication
3 pont
2 dawn
2 ebelt
4 ssu
1 palmers
1 luxury
1 fisherman
/23 trainer

any advice for trimming up the lines? maybe a little help with the trainers? not too sure what would be smartest to get rid of. might like another fisherman or a cpl candies/bts

bit of an updated list...

4 spiritomb
2-1-2 gatr prime
3-3 wailord
2-1 uxie lvx
1-1-1 nidoqueen
/21 poke

10 water
2 warp energy
/12 energy

3 collector
3 bebe
3 communication
2 pont
2 dawn
2 bts
2 candies
2 ebelt
4 ssu
1 palmers
1 luxury
2 fisherman
/27 trainer

tried to incorporate some recommended changes. not sure if 10 water energy is enough but not sure what to take out. id also like to make room for a couple hunters if possible

I can honestly not believe that anyone hasn't suggested Floatzel GL lv.X, if you could run this with Floatzel it would be a total beast, if you had a Feraligatr prime in play you could rebuilt the thing in ONE TURN. It would be unkillable I might have to try this myself.

Back