• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Wailord Stall (Need feedbacks)

judekevinchu

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, just sharing my Wailord deck. This deck makes me win tournaments online easily and feedbacks are appreciated so I could improve it.

Pokemon: 9

• 1 Bunnelby PRC
  • 1 Lugia EX AOR
  • 1 Carbink FC 50/124
  • 1 Aegislash EX PHF
  • 1 Durant FLF
  • 4 Wailord EX PRC

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 49

• 4 AZ
  • 4 Cassius
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 N
  • 4 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 1 Shauna
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Team Rocket's Handiwork
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 3 Enhanced Hammer
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 1 Robo Substitute
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rough Seas
  • 3 Hard Charm

Energy: 2
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy

The deck's main strategy is to control the opponent. Discard energy, save pokemons with supporters and just mill the opponent.

The decks I usually lose are Delphox BREAK, Garchomp, and Vespiquen. What could I add and remove? Thanks

Wailord is typically a 0 energy deck, it does not attack anyone, it wins by allowing wailord to tank and make the opponent deck themselves out.
So I would get rid of things like bunnelby and lugia and durant.
It's simply not the wailord way of doing it.
Let wailord sit there, tank damage, max potion it off/az or cassius cycle them while discarding your opponent's energy...that's how wailord usually gets played and that is imo the most effective way to do it.
Right now you are watering it down a bit with energies and lugia/durant etc.

Other than that most of the list looks okay, but I do feel that it needs 4 crushing hammers, no stall deck is complete without them imo.

Delphox break needs the energies to be any threat, with hammers+ grunts and perhaps a timed lysandre you should be able to stall them out. it leaves little room for error, but it is doable.
I hate to say it, but versus garchomp and vespiquen you are simply out of luck.
Garchomp's first attack pretty much makes it immune to energy denial, and vespiquen hits for weakness.
Bet thing to do is lysandre vileplumes/unknowns/shaymins from the vespiquen player and remove DCE with every chance you get with hammers/xerosic/grunts.
You might get lucky, but in reality it is an almost unwinnable matchup ( unlike nightmarch, provided you start with wailord and a few hammers/potions).

I have not played a lot of wailord, so this is the best I can do to help you.

Wailord is typically a 0 energy deck, it does not attack anyone, it wins by allowing wailord to tank and make the opponent deck themselves out.
Let wailord sit there, tank damage, max potion it off/az or cassius cycle them while discarding your opponent's energy...that's how wailord usually gets played and that is imo the most effective way to do it.

Other than that most of the list looks okay, but I do feel that it needs 4 crushing hammers, no stall deck is complete without them imo.

Delphox break needs the energies to be any threat, with hammers+ grunts and perhaps a timed lysandre you should be able to stall them out. it leaves little room for error, but it is doable.
Garchomp's first attack pretty much makes it immune to energy denial, and vespiquen hits for weakness.
Bet thing to do is lysandre vileplumes/unknowns/shaymins from the vespiquen player and remove DCE with every chance you get with hammers/xerosic/grunts.
You might get lucky, but in reality it is an almost unwinnable matchup ( unlike nightmarch, provided you start with wailord and a few hammers/potions).

Okay Garchomp isn't played competitively. I'd be more concerned about Greninja. Also don't take out the energies you'll need them to be able kill Bunnelbys. I would try to reach 4 crushing hammer as stated here (I would suggest: -2 Enhanced Hammer -1 Shauna -1 Hard Charm). Good luck! :)

The energies are for killing opponent bunnelby, and also using durant (because hugh is unavailable) and bunnelby (for opposing mill). And crushing hammers are on my mind but I'm scared about the 50-50 chance in success or failure. I'll think of it. Thanks a lot!!

Okay Garchomp isn't played competitively. I'd be more concerned about Greninja. Also don't take out the energies you'll need them to be able kill Bunnelbys. I would try to reach 4 crushing hammer as stated here (I would suggest: -2 Enhanced Hammer -1 Shauna -1 Hard Charm). Good luck! :)

I can juggle Greninja due to Lysandres and the Rough Seas. But I'm also considering Hex Maniac for the matchup. Enhanced Hammers are useless against Night March, but I'll also consider it. The Shauna is to avoid milling out first before the opponent. So I'll consider choices. Thanks too!

Considering the popularity of Ability based item lock Hex maniac could help this deck a fair bit. Also a stall deck such as this should be running 4 Crushing hammers 2 enhanced hammers. Also trick shovel can be great to reuse with Puzzles

I recommend a 1-1 Whimiscott (AOR 56) line just as a backup if some of the key cards are prized. Also, I also think one single Manaphy Ex could help deny prized even further.

Back