• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Wailogatr (Wailord TM, Feraligatr & Blissey Prime)

XanderPitz1010

So....who likes shirts?
I saw this card and figured I could make a good tank out of it :p

Pokemon (22):
2-2-2 Feraligatr Prime
3-3 Wailord TM
1-1 Blissey Prime
3 Spiritomb AR
2 Uxie LA
2 Unown RETURN
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S (24):
3 Bebe's Search
3 Dawn Stadium
1 Department Store Girl
3 Expert Belt
2 Fisherman
2 Interviewer's Questions
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Rare Candy
2 Super Scoop Up

Energy (14):
13 {W}
2 Rescue

Strategy: Use Spiritomb's Darkness Grace to get Feraligatr out. Use Rain Dance to load up Wailord and tank with expert belt. Dawn Stadium heals every time you attach an energy. Unown detaches them so you can heal with Blissey or Rain Dance/Dawn Stadium.

The problem with this idea is that Wailord absolutely sucks as a main attacker. For the ridiculously high cost of {W}{W}{W}{C} you can do 100 best case scenario.....120 with belt.

I'd still be interested to see how the deck functions, as Dawn Stadium and Blissey Prime can provide great tankableness, but unfortunately, even a rather medicore pokemon like Raichu HGSS laughs at this idea and takes 2 prizes.

Raichu sure is a threat. So is Lugia Legend and Mesprit X.

Anyways, this looks fine to me. I would opt out of Interviewer and play one less Fisherman (wailord uses 4 energy, right? It's still questionable), but I like the adaptability with Dawn Stadium. I would get rid of either Unown Return or Blissey, and I would lean toward running one Unown. The rest of the list can build from testplay. I would like to see lots of hand refresh here with maxed Scoop Up. That's all I can say to clean this up.

~L_X_F

Ya, it was just a crazy deck idea that spawned in my head yesterday so I wasn't expecting much. It is kinda slow.

3 candy with hand refresh is more than enough, and Wailmer has 90 or 100 HP, which is beast. Spiritomb sets up your Feraligatr, too. It's not very much worth the few spaces.

~L_X_F

I can take out 1 Rare Candy for an energy because i can't get it equipped fast enough.

*UPDATED*

Hey, what about a Double Tank with Wailord & Torterra using Meganium and Feraligatr Prime. Dawn Stadium works for both and energy moves around pretty easily. It would probably be really slow to set up, but once it is, it'd be golden.

I think you should replace every Rare Candy with Broken Time Space. You will not play it while you have a Spiritomb out and it should be your goal to do so. Twins and Seeker would be helpful to fetch Dawn Stadiums to replace your BTS's and pick up Blisseys and Unown RETURNs.

Back