• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Volcanion no Hoopa help

Graffiti600rr

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there,

Here is my current list that I have built up while researching here. The problem is that I do not have the Shaymin RSK due to cost. Is there a sub that I can use. I know it is because of the ability, but the card is too expensive to buy for my sons deck. I can hopefully get help today so that I can order what I am missing.

Thanks,

~Pokemon(12)~

4 Volcanion STS 25
4 Volcanion EX STS 115
1 Tauros GX SuMo 156
2 Shaymin EX RSK 106 -- I want to find a sub for this
1 Hoopa EX AOR 89

~Trainers(36)~

3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Fisherman
1 Ninja Boy
1 Pokemon Ranger

3 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers Mail
1 Professors Letter
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Max Elixir
1 Escape Rope
2 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Float Stone

2 Sky Field
1 Parallel City

~Energy(12)~

12 Fire Energy

I would definitely try Oranguru from Sun and Moon, and also, I would not recommend Paralell City because it either reduces your damage or your bench space, which is baaad either way. Also, Nest Balls over Ultra Balls because everything is a basic so then you won't have to discard cards from your hand. Also, a good replacement for Hoopa that would let you just use Nest Balls (if you use Hoopa you have to use Ultra Balls, Nest Balls bypass his ability) would be Bridgette from BREAKthrough, does the same thing as Hoopa but can work with non-ex cards, however it does use your supporter for the turn. Maybe cut the Pokemon Ranger if Jolteon isn't prevalent. Hope this helps! :)

I would definitely try Oranguru from Sun and Moon, and also, I would not recommend Paralell City because it either reduces your damage or your bench space, which is baaad either way. Also, Nest Balls over Ultra Balls because everything is a basic so then you won't have to discard cards from your hand. Also, a good replacement for Hoopa that would let you just use Nest Balls (if you use Hoopa you have to use Ultra Balls, Nest Balls bypass his ability) would be Bridgette from BREAKthrough, does the same thing as Hoopa but can work with non-ex cards, however it does use your supporter for the turn. Maybe cut the Pokemon Ranger if Jolteon isn't prevalent. Hope this helps! :)

Are these even subs for the Hoopa and Ultras?

Hello there,

Here is my current list that I have built up while researching here. The problem is that I do not have the Shaymin RSK due to cost. Is there a sub that I can use. I know it is because of the ability, but the card is too expensive to buy for my sons deck. I can hopefully get help today so that I can order what I am missing.

Thanks,

~Pokemon(12)~

4 Volcanion STS 25
4 Volcanion EX STS 115
1 Tauros GX SuMo 156
2 Shaymin EX RSK 106 -- I want to find a sub for this
1 Hoopa EX AOR 89

~Trainers(36)~

3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Fisherman
1 Ninja Boy
1 Pokemon Ranger

3 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers Mail
1 Professors Letter
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Max Elixir
1 Escape Rope
2 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Float Stone

2 Sky Field
1 Parallel City

~Energy(12)~

12 Fire Energy

Alright let me see if I can help you. Nest ball is a good suggestion, but I would not lower the count of ultra ball either. My suggestion for this deck is 2 copies of Turtonator GX; if you did not pull him he only cost $5-6 as a single on most sites right now, and his GX attack could replace all your energy retrieval. I think it is a viable replacement to Shaymin because of the utility it brings. Also Sky Field and Parallel City are interesting choices, I might recommend Rough Seas over them.

My Suggestions:
-2 Shaymin EX
-1 Hoopa EX
-3 Energy Retrieval
-2 Sky Field
-1 Parallel City

+3 Nest Ball
+2 Turtonator GX
+3 Rough Seas
+1 Professors Letter/ Trainers Mail (Dealers Choice)

Edit: Rough Seas is not a good Suggestion. I meant Scorched Earth
-3 Rough Seas +2 Scorched Earth +1 Prof Letter/ Trainers Mail (which ever you didn't add or any card you think needs added, open slot basically)

Temporarily forgot about Turntonator, but I would find space for Oranguru too, he's gotten me out of some rough spots. Where acerizzo suggested a Trainer Mail or a Professor's Letter I would use that spot for one Oranguru. Seems useless at first, but can actually be quite helpful.

Back