• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Volcanion Lite (No Tapu) Assistance.

Dennis

Aspiring Trainer
Need some valued assistance. No Tapu -Volcanion, keep just losing . Usually one prize card short. Any suggestions. I don't want to spend another $ 70.00 to $ 80.00 to complete this. Play in Masters division.

Advice ? Any given will be greatly appreciated.

I run the DCE to power up either Tauros GX or Turtonators.
Altar of the Sunne to counter water decks.
Just added the Starmie and Staryu. And the Lysander.
Can add any trainers, have many multiples. And willing to switch any that will work.
Used to run Torkall (sic) for the burn . Also ran 2 Entei but switched them out for the Sallazle/Salandit.

And yes, I also ran the Incineror Gx and friends, in place of the second Turtonator GX.

I refuse to give up.....stubborn and hot headed (lol)

14 POKEMON
2 TURTONATOR GX 18/145 GUR
3 VOLCANION EX 26/114 SS
4 VOLCANION 25/114 SS
1 TAUROS GX 100/149 SUM
1 SALANDIT 15/145 GUR
1 SALLAZLE 16/145 GUR
1 STARYU 25/122 BKPT
1 STARMIE 31/108 EVO

32 TRAINERS
2 SCORCHED EARTH
1 ALTAR OF THE SUNN
1 BROOKLETTE HILL
1 LYSANDER
1 HALA
4 PROFESSORS LETTER
1 N
2 SWITCH
1 POKEMON FAN CLUB
1 NINJA BOY
1 FIGHTING FURY BELT
1 CHOICE BAND
1 KUKUI
2 ULTRABALL
1 POKEMON CENTER LADY
3 MALLOW
2 LILLIE
1 VS SEEKER
1 FIELD BLOWER
1 POKEMON RANGER
1 OLYMPIA
1 MAX ELIXER
1 FLOAT STONE

15 ENERGY
2 DOUBLE COLORLESS
13 FIRE ENERGY

Last edited:
I would play more N and Professor Sycamore for better draw support especially if you're not going to play any Tapu Lele or Shaymin. At least 3-4 of each for consistency. Additional Lysandre would be good too in order to target specific pokemon and get easy knock outs. 4 VS Seeker is optimum if you have to play less supporters.

Yes, I agree on the supporters. If you aren't going to run something that will guarantee you those 1-2 of supporters, you need to run thicker supporter lines. you need more draw support. the Mallow/schorched earth draw engine looks good on paper, but it's hard to guarantee you will win the stadium battle with field blower becoming a 2-of in decks now. I would start by making this more consistent and getting rid of some of the 1-2 of cards. focus on your win conditions. play our a few games, make 1 or 2 changes and play a few more games. pay attention to what you are missing that leads to loosing by 1-2 prize cards and find a way to get those cards when it's clutch.

Back