News 'Volcanion' and 'Magearna Mythical Collection' Boxes in January!

Hmmmmmm I wonder which Pokemon Magearna is designed to counter, I have no idea what it could possibly be

YO THAT RAINBOW ROAD COUNTER THO.
LET'S GO MAGEARNA.

Though, I'm pretty disappointed in what they've done with most of the non-FA mythicals.
Sticking Sugimori's basic art on a card and just calling it good isn't very awesome compared to THAT FULL ART VOLCANION.
Like c'mon TPCi you're basically telling us what to buy and what to not buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmmm I wonder which Pokemon Magearna is designed to counter, I have no idea what it could possibly be
It seems kinda moot when it's already weak to Metal anyway. What would even make use of it besides Scizor, who already smashes Xerneas in one attack?

It seems kinda moot when it's already weak to Metal anyway. What would even make use of it besides Scizor, who already smashes Xerneas in one attack?
It will help Fight-Alone Lucario fight against Xerneas decks better, as Magearna would only require 1 energy vs Lucario's 2 energy for F-A. Seeing as how stringing your energy is crucial to winning with F-A Lucario, this can actually help quite a bit with that match-up!

Slightly less helpful for other match-ups, unfortunately, but still potentially useful as an intermediary attacker.

Really.

This doesn't end with the 20th anniversary, of course not. The mythical collections for Diancie and Hoopa were skipped though ;-;

Well, these seem like decent products for a reasonable price. (Especially compared to the mountain of $20 boxes.)

I find it odd, though... In the Dream Holo Collection, we're missing 15 cards. These boxes will give us 14 of them. ...What's being left out?

... and Magearna and Volcanion, both Regular arts can be seen in the Lunch Box next month with Shiny Mega Gengar-EX.

Definitely would buy that Magearna, hopefully it has genesect and mew on its pack. 5 packs+7 promo's for shy of $25 is a pretty cray deal

Wait, the full art version from the mythical collections is going to be in it?
As in, all of the collecting I have done over the past year is being re-issued? WTF? That's annoying.

It will help Fight-Alone Lucario fight against Xerneas decks better, as Magearna would only require 1 energy vs Lucario's 2 energy for F-A. Seeing as how stringing your energy is crucial to winning with F-A Lucario, this can actually help quite a bit with that match-up!

Slightly less helpful for other match-ups, unfortunately, but still potentially useful as an intermediary attacker.
Oops, forgot about Fight Alone Lucario.

Hey I don't think Magearna's Resistance is Metal pretty sure it's Psychic and I like the volcanion. Seems playable

@rainyman123

You think the volcanion is playable

Needing four energy to do 100 damage while the STS one needs three to do 100 not to mention can accelerate energy

Compared to a legit rainbow road tech that only needs one energy to OHKO a xerneas

RIP Manaphy 2003-2016 but seriously why did they HAVE to make more of these mythical boxes at least no GEN packs (thank arceus)

Back