• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Virizion / Mewtwo

SynxS1N

Follow your heart...
I fell in love with this deck from the moment I saw it. I've been testing it for a few days now and this is what I've got so far. Definitely not perfect so I'd like some insight.

New updated list that I just won a cities with: SynxS1N's Virizion/Mewtwo Deck

Pokemon 8
  • 3 Virizion EX
  • 3 Mewtwo EX
  • 1 Genesect EX
  • 1 Boufalant
Trainers 38
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 4 Skyla
  • 4 Bicycle
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher
  • 4 Hyonotoxic Laser
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Energy Switch
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 1 Energy search
  • 1 Scramble Switch
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
Energy 14
  • 4 Double Colorless
  • 10 Grass

Strategy:

Use Virizion to set up your attackers and swing. Very straight forward.

Let me know what you think :)

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

I would rather run dowsing machine to better exploit you're T/S/S better, also bicycle should be taken out for float stone and tool scrapper as you want to keep you're hands large most of the time and learn to save you're resources for decisive plays as opposed to thinning you're hand for extra cards. Tool scrapper allows the use of virizion in garbodor matchups and float stone makes the engine universal with buffo, mewtwo and virizion, the one thing that I don't get is the play of 1 genesect with no plasma energy, dealing the 100, buffolant and mewtwo have better matchups in dealing more dmg overall, if not the 4 catcher could be discarded for 4 plasma energy for a much more efficient catcher scenario.

I appreciate your insight. You make some solid points.

I haven't run into any Garbodor and I'm not really afraid of it but I can see merit in including a scrapper. I've tested dowsing/comp in the deck and I'm still not sure which ace spec to run. I don't like bicycle too much but it saves you sometimes, I'm on the fence about this too.

I find three switch cards with four Skyla to be enough to get me out of bad active situations. The one Genesect is good in the Blastoise matchup. It can catch OHKOs on energy-less Keldeo and Blastoise and deal 100 on Black Kyurem EX where Mewtwo would only push 80 with the same energy. It comes in handy in many different situations. I like it as a one of, instead of a 4th Mewtwo.

I'll have to test more. Might edit this list soon. Thanks again.

Back