• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Virizion EX / Mewtwo EX

thedemonbarber

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Mewtwo EX
    3 Virizion EX
    2 Leafeon PLF
    2 Eevee FFI
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 1 Computer Search
    4 Professor Sycamore
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    3 Cassius
    1 Lysandre
    1 Xerosic
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    4 Hard Charm
    3 Jamming Net
    3 Virbank City Gym
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    1 Professor’s Letter
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 VS Seeker
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Switch
Energy:

• 8 Grass Energy
    2 DCE

Strategy:
My goal here is to have a deck that doensn't have a huge strategy, but hits hard enough, and fits the meta well. The Jamming Nets and head ringers make it defensive, coupled with the cassius to shuffle it back in. Virizion for acceleration, toad slaying, and status blocking. The Leafeons are there to be fast, slay toads, and work against yveltal ex as well. Laserbank to compensate for the way mewtwo ex is twenty short of yveltal ex, and to keep them burning cards to deal with poison. Mewtwo hits hard enough. This deck should do well against the two tier one decks, what should I change? Maybe throw in a toad?

A toad wouldn't really HURT, but I do not think it is necessary. Actually, it could even slow your own setup down by having a 3 retreat cost, and with counters on the rise, it would become an easy Lysandre target. Either way, I would recommend more DCE, too, and most decks play only 2 Virbank. Also, please explain the cassius...
Good deck overall though!

Cassius Explanation: I was looking at defensive yveltal ex and I don't like the coin flips of super scoop up, or the discard of AZ

It's up to you what to take out (Cassius, a skyla, a virbank, etc.) but both jirachi and DCE would be good additions.

Do you think energy switches could be good?
Also, I keep the skylas because I run switch instead of stone/darkrai/fairy garden. I might need one on short notice?

Yeah I played around with Cassius in Virizion Mewtwo for some of the same reasons. I figured it could be good for prize denial and putting Energy back into the deck to Emerald Slash them somewhere else. It sounds good in theory, but I found that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, so I took it out. I still think it could have potential, but I wouldn't play any more than one since you have VS Seeker. I also think you need more Energy if you're playing with Virizion, so I would suggest dropping 2 Cassius for 2 DCE.

How about this list?
I was thinking about adding a jirachi EX. In a deck with ultra ball, skyla, and comp search, a jirachi means, if I have enough cards in my hand, an ultra can retrieve literally any card in my deck (unless toad is around, but I should be able to rip through toad with ease). Thoughts on that?

Pokémon: 10
3 Mewtwo EX
3 Virizion EX
2 Plasma Leafeon
2 Energy Evolution Eevee

Trainer: 39
1 Comp Search
4 Sycamore
3 N
2 Skyla
1 Cassius
1 Lysandre
1 Xerosic
1 Trump Card
4 Hard Charm
3 Jamming Net
3 Virbank
4 Lasers
1 Professor’s Letter
3 Ultra Ball
3 VS Seeker
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Switch

Energy:11
8 Grass
4 DCE

looks really good! I think taking out 1 virbank for jirachi can work nicely - there wont be as many stadium wars with virbank because you and your opponent will most likely have that same stadium.

If that's your new deck list, you should update the one in your OP to avoid confusion. Just so that no one else makes new suggestions based on your old list.

Back