Virizion EX / Genesect EX

I'm going to start testing Super Rod in my deck. I think it would be better then Superior Energy Retrieval, which is what I was using before, since it puts energy in your deck so Virizion can get them out. I use Bouffalant but I haven't really battled against Plasma yet. And in the argument I too use Virizion after T1 a lot.

I think I was somewhat misunderstood; Virizion is of course not useless after T1, but rather that you will probably never use a 4th Virizion except for the purpose of starting with it more often. 3 Virizion can serve that function fine. I actually don't go for a T1 Virizion in most of the lists that I've made since I think it's too inconsistent to be a reliable strategy.

Blah said:
In all honesty, I could probably write a 10 page essay on all the things this deck can do. From my testing though, it's all about the techs. It's partially why I like what this deck does for the format; because it's really like 10 different decks, just with the same general strategy.
I'd actually want to read a 10 page essay on this Deck, or at the very least expounding upon the different tech choices. I've seen some of the ones you've mentioned, like Drifblum, and thought it was really intriguing. ^.^

Anybody using the regular Genesect card from Plasma Blast in the deck? Call for Family and Jet Impact look like two solid moves and Jet Impact can One hit KO Suicune, Terrakion, and Sigilyph. Just a thought. Maybe a 1-2 copies in this deck

I've tested Drifblim in this deck and it works wonders. I don't think this deck is great with a whole lot of techs though.

Blah said:
In all honesty, I could probably write a 10 page essay on all the things this deck can do.
Do it. Ill read it and paypal you $5 if its well thought out and written.

exdarkrai01 said:
Driftblim is an incredibly dead card against half the format.

I've tested with Drifblim against Plasma and Toolbox (Sig and Trub) and it helps a lot. If I don't need it I can dump it with U balls or Junipers

...don't fall into that trap. Dumping it with an Ultra Ball means it's a dead card, something that you don't want in your deck. Never think of something as Ultra Ball fodder because you would rather have something useful in your deck over the "fodder."

Drifblim is interesting, my main problem with it, as said earlier, is that it's dead against many decks. It's hilariously powerful against Plasma, but I'm not sure I that justifies playing it.

How is a 1-1 tech consistent though when you need it. Plasma is not a hard matchup as long as they dont go too crazy out of the gate. As long as your running significant damage modifiers to 1 shot kyurem. Gbooster should not be relied on unless you like going 3-3 at tournaments. Ive found gbooster to be reliable for no more than one solid attack per game. 2 happens a decent amount but you have to be able to KO stuff without it.

exdarkrai01 said:
How is a 1-1 tech consistent though when you need it. Plasma is not a hard matchup as long as they dont go too crazy out of the gate. As long as your running significant damage modifiers to 1 shot kyurem. Gbooster should not be relied on unless you like going 3-3 at tournaments. Ive found gbooster to be reliable for no more than one solid attack per game. 2 happens a decent amount but you have to be able to KO stuff without it.

So are you saying Booster isn't worth playing?

Plasma badge colress machine is so strong turn one for this deck the threat of doing 200 turn 2 is crazy

LiveMax23 said:
Plasma badge colress machine is so strong turn one for this deck the threat of doing 200 turn 2 is crazy

Um why would badge help? Gen's already a plasma pokemon. I agree Machine is good though. Only issue is it doesn't activate Red Signal

I think he means Plasma Badge Colress on Virizion, Emerald Slash, then retreat to Genesect, manually attach on the following turn, and G-Booster. If that's all you're doing though you can just Colress Machine t1-2 and manually attach to hit it.

Dark Void said:
I think he means Plasma Badge Colress on Virizion, Emerald Slash, then retreat to Genesect, manually attach on the following turn, and G-Booster. If that's all you're doing though you can just Colress Machine t1-2 and manually attach to hit it.

You have a really small chance of getting Virizion AND Genesect AND Plasma Badge AND Colress Machine AND a grass energy in your starting hand. And attach next turn Machine and regular attach is just as fast.

LiveMax23 said:

So far from my testing I agree. It takes a lot of space, but the most consistent way is 3 Skyla, 4 Plasma Badge and 4 Colress Machine.

I tested with 4 Skyla, 4 Badge, and 4 Colress Machine and have yet to hit it once .-.

...Which is why I'm shaky on using Plasma Badge at all. The sheer amount of space it takes up would only be worth it if it actually worked a majority of the time. It's possible I'm just unlucky, but I feel like its worth using that space for other stuff (unless you happen to run Deoxys, which Plasma Badge does help with).

In my "testing," (which includes 6 games X_X) this deck hasn't performed as well as I would've liked. All of the games were against Plasma (With Lasers, not Bangles), and the only time I won was when they drew dead. They also drew dead in another game, and I lost that one. To be fair, my list isn't perfect, and those Plasma decks were previously tested, but it just doesn't seem like it has enough power, or speed, or anything other than consistency, which doesn't help when the rest of the deck is bad. I don't play Colress Machines, Plasma Badges, Lasers, and barely any techs. Just a super consistent list, which it is. The get's what it wants, but it's expectations are too low.

Anyway, my point is, do you guys think this deck can win with just plain old Emerald Slash, Megalo Cannon and G Booster? Or is there something more that I'm too lazy to test missing?

Also, another topic. What non EX attackers do you guys like in this deck, if any? The only one I've played is Tropius, and it's a nice card. Especially after N's to 1 or 2.

Back