• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VirGentle (Virizion EX / Genesect EX / Dragonite EX)

sainsaw

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 x Virizion EX
    3 x Genesect EX
    3 x Dragonite EX
    1 x Jirachi EX

11 Pokemon
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 x Ultra Ball
    4 x Professor Juniper
    3 x N
    3 x AZ
    3 x Skyla
    2 x Colress
    2 x Shadow Triad
    2 x Super Scoop Up
    3 x Muscle Band
    2 x Energy Retrieval
    1 x Professor's Letter
    1 x Startling Megaphone
    1 x G Booster
    2 x VS Seeker

33 Trainers
Energy:

• 9 x Grass Energy
    4 x Lightning Energy
    3 x Plasma Energy

16 Energy

Strategy: A standard VirGen list with Dragonite added to remove counters and have no longer autolosses against fire decks. Ideal play is to start with Virizion EX to power up a Genesect and maybe another Virizion and/or genesect if I can Emerald Slash twice. Then depending on the matchup I can attack with Genesect or use a Dragonite EX to bust in and start attacking. After this I tend to only use Dragonite EX using AZ and scoop ups to get the benched ones back in my hand.

While playing this this weekend in a City Championship I lost once to another VirGen matchup (bad draws + I went second twice which hurts with Virizion) and lost once to a Donphan. After the Donphan I learned to play against it better and won against another Donphan, so it is possible.

But: I was thinking to totally remove Genesect EX and to play Abomasnow twice instead to OHKO Donphan's more easily and to play for a seventh price. I also want to add another Dragonite because he is played the most and once they succesfully bust in every turn it is hard to lose after that. What do you think about that?

Back