VirGen in BR

blazeguy56

Aspiring Trainer
So I am curious to see who thinks that VirGen is either going to be popular or not. To be honest I'm kind of curious to see if I'm safe running my lasers! :D

VirGen is probably gonna be really popular at Battle Roads but, depending on how it does, it'll probably die down some after.

I dunno... It depends on your local metagame and how many materials there is for VirGen... Honestly it is hyped up so much and it will be expensive and hard to get all the stuff you need for VirGen. I doubt many people will have it completed however they might. If only 1-or 2 people are running it you should be fine.

This actually really scares me because this would be my first tourney as a Master so I have no idea what to expect or how well these players are. However, knowing some of these players, I think that VirGen will be quite popular as well as Rogue Fire-Type decks. But like Pokewiz said, it will probably die off shortly after.

It would depend on how well it does. If it steam rolls competition it's sticking around like TDK. If it flops it'll die out mostly.

It'll probably be popular in BRs and perhaps even Cities but I'm dubious that its T1 maneuver will be consistent enough for States and above.

I'm gonna be running VirGen for awhile since I'd like to use a deck for awhile if I have to shell out so much for it. The last time I used a very widely used deck was when Darkrai/Hydreigon was good and that was only because I was able to pull 4 Full art Darkrai-EX.

VirGen is a good deck (if you can play it - it's tougher than TDK), but for BRs, it looks like it's overhyped enough that decks without a good VirGen matchup are going to not appear as much. VirGen still loses to TDK most of the time, which is very bad, as the Thundurus/Deoxys/Lugia tins means TDK will only be increasing in popularity.

There will be VirGen at BRs. It's expensive enough that it will be rarer than TDK and most likely Blastoise as well, but I expect it to be present in most metagames.

Back