Collecting Viral's Insane Collection Thread! PSA / JAPANESE

ViralRiver

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! Viral here looking to showcase a fraction of a percentage of my Japanese collection. It's hard to decide what to post here. I currently have 25,000+ holos lying around in boxes that I mainly use as sale/trade fodder, but my true collections are probably my complete blueback (1st ed) topsun set, bandai carddass part 1-4 complete set in official binders, sealdass complete set (including promos) in official binder, and then my array of high-end PSA cards. Oh, I also have a booster case of sealdass part 3 which I think is insanely cool.

Unfortunately, the majority of my already-graded cards are with my grader back in the UK, so I don't have them to hand. But I have some pictures of them to showcase, so it's alright! I just made my own PSA account and sent of 250 cards. I have my first set of 15 PSA cards coming back any day now (already arrived in Tokyo!). If there's something Japanese you want to see, let me know, and if I have it I can post it here for you to see :) .

My number 1 prized card is a No Rarity Charizard in beautiful gem mint condition. I sold this a few weeks back on a payment plan so whilst it's still in my possession I guess it's no longer mine - but it'll be treated as such until it leaves my hands :p .

EJOQWxR.jpg

My first PSA submission (15 cards) - these 15 cards should be with me in a couple days so I will update this post with pictures when they arrive!:

BaVAYZb.png

Insanely happy with the results here! So many 10s. PSA 10 1st ed Flareon Gold Star, Crystal Lugia, Crystal Golem, etc etc. A little dissapointed with the 1st ed. Venusaur (EN) as its condition was the same as the Machamp's (which is 1st ed shadowless, not the standard 1st ed). Also dissapointed with the no rarity Blastoise as I thought it was worth at least an 8, if not a 9! Meganium is a downer on the set of lotto promos, but I'll regrade it as I believe it's gem mint. Though if you do have a PSA 10 in this, let me know! I'll buy it straight up. A picture of the full set of 6 starter lotto promos below:

UTtwImj.jpg

As shown in the PSA grade results, I actually have two sets of the gen 1 starters. And both sets are full PSA 10s! Just need that Meganium in a 10 to be happy now :p .

All of the following PSA cards are with my previous grader back in the UK.

Next up is my pair of PSA 10 Rayquaza Gold Star 1st editions:

k8ShOQQ.jpg

Last time I checked, the population count on these was only 13. Beautiful beautiful cards here. Keeping one for my GS set, and the other will be for sale.

Some more high-end PSA cards:

lZByBqm.jpg

PSA 9 1st ed Mew Gold Star
PSA 9 1st ed Latias Gold Star
PSA 10 Mewtwo Gold Star
PSA 10 Pikachu Gold Star
PSA 9 Pikachu Gold Star
PSA 10 1st ed Expedition Charizard (I have 10 more in gem mint at PSA right now!)
PSA 9 Celebi Gold Star

Finally this lot. I need to ask my grader for pictures of these as he only sent me the form:

KTlnQkU.jpg

Insane cards here. Low grades on topsun holos mean absolutely nothing to me. These are the rarest cards in existence as far as I'm concerned. They are from the 1st edition blue back topsun set (released in 1995, before Base Set was even released in Japan!). Take a look on eBay for an idea of prices ungraded :p .

Anyways, that's everything for now. As I said if there's anything you want to see, let me know!

I'm not sure if double posting is allowed here? Please let me know if not. But today I got my first PSA submission back!

15 cards in total.

Pics below:

qA3Ai9g.jpg

mDwzVtJ.jpg

nPEAlVD.jpg

3zDj1ws.jpg

gpIy3dx.jpg

l1SAJLh.jpg

dz1Rpb0.jpg

nEn64ck.jpg

Very happy with the turnout here!

I'm not sure if double posting is allowed here? Please let me know if not. But today I got my first PSA submission back!

For Collection threads, double-posting is allowed so long as you're adding new content.

Speaking of which, very nice grades! :D I don't care much for graded cards myself, but I can definitely appreciate the high quality of your collection.

Thank you :) . I grade to maintain condition for years to come. It also allows people to buy with confidence of the condition.

On that note, this just in!
8DEbIa2.jpg
r903Da9.jpg

So, managed to find a few more shops around Tokyo I didn't know of before after scouring Japanese websites. It ended up with me spending roughly $350 USD on cards I never really had much intention of buying, but all really interesting/ cool. Pictures b

Loads of stamped cards and the world championship 2015 card in Japanese. Anyone know how much the sealed set of 7 is worth? They have 2 packs of these as well so may buy one.

3InjmKP.jpg

More secret rares/ stamped stuff. Hiroshima Gyarados which is incredibly expensive. Anyone know why? Don't know much about it unfortunately.

cecRh3r.jpg

vkSftFW.jpg

The healing energy artwork x_x. Beautiful.

nS6EFvN.jpg

The following set of 3 energy holos were also available sealed for $200! Think I lucked out with the unsealed set.. Absolutely beautiful.

ls45zsD.jpg

gPc528c.jpg

YoEapjS.jpg

Someone take my card from me. Spending too much.

Mew EX 007/ PLAY
baR0ZVr.jpg

wxUvyqN.jpg

No Rarity Venusaur (expect PSA 9)
DfqBlVC.jpg

No Rarity Blastoise (expect PSA 7/8)
2rCP9Ym.jpg

No Rarity Ninetales (expect PSA 8)
isDDmSR.jpg

Just bought this card that I've been searching for for a long time now off eBay. Finally got my hands on it. If anyone has the Pichu, let me know!hoppip.png

Wow.. Congratulations on the collection, all of those cards are insanely beautiful! :D
Just out of curiosity, how much do you think the Rayquaza gold star could sell for?

Wow.. Congratulations on the collection, all of those cards are insanely beautiful! :D
Just out of curiosity, how much do you think the Rayquaza gold star could sell for?

They are around 2,100$ nowadays.

I have a PSA 9 1st. edition one because I couldn't afford a 10 :p It's a beautiful card.

Thanks mate. I'm getting rid of mine for around $1500 as I have 2 and only need 1 :p .

Holy moly, this is an insane collection! .o. I have a small question regarding PSA cards (no need to answer if you don't want to).

I've been thinking about getting some cards graded/collecting graded cards. but i live in Europe and i have no idea how international shipping works in the slightest.

So what are you're experiences on this?

I'm jealous of your PSA10 Crystal Golem. I have the reverse foil version and have always wanted a holo version to go with it.

(I'm also jealous of the rest of your collection, but I'm trying to not hyperventilate here.)

Back