• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vilezone - Magnazone competes with the teir one decks

theZone

Aspiring Trainer
My first Pokemon deck was magnazone, and for six months its still been magnazone. I started with magnazone richu (which was a total flop) and went to magnezone erl (which was to slow) to just normal magnazone (which was always just one or 2 prizes to slow) With the undaunted set, magnazone can easily top nearly all teir one decks eaisly beating machamp and gyrados decks, struggling with only a few decks. heres how

4-3-3-1 magnazone (1 prime, 2 sf "super connectivity")
2-2-2 viluplume UD
1-1 chansey (blissful nurse)
4 spiritomb
1 azelf
1 uxie
1 "judge" giratine (PL)
1 crowbat g
1 unkown q

TOTAL: 28

T/S

4 collectors
4 bebe's
4 seekers
3 twins
2 BTS
1 palmers
1 expert belt

TOTAL: 19

ENERGY
6 electric
4 special metal
2 warp energy
1 rescue energy

TOTAL: 13

WHY?? Alot of peaple think that Vileplume would work better in alot of other decks, and that with magnazone he just slows me down just as much as he hurts my oponent. But with vileplume, when i use cybershock the only way to escape the paralisis is to use warp energy (which is a problem) or dawns stadium (which doesnt see very much play) This allows me to deal with sp decks which is magnazones greatest weakness.

The chansey paired with the seekers alows for up to five full heals of my entire bench and since magnazone can reach up to 200 health with special metal and and the expert belt, this is succesfully a tanking deck as well. He can easily live and then heal any gyrados, or machamp prime attack.

Only one uxie is neccessary because of azelf and magnazone prime. Crowbat g allows me to finish either 90, or 110 health pokemon (depending on the expert belt) who have been previously paralyzed on my turn without attacking letting me take an extra prize and allowing me to paralyze or even knock out another defending pokemon. I can even use seekers to knock out 100 or 120 health pokemon.

The twins allow my sacrifical spiritomb to become a draw engine( hahaha) so i can get up a vileplume quickly and get my magnazone x and magnezone prime ready by turn 3 without breaking trainer lock. On the awkward transition before playing vileplume and the dead spiritomb i can search for the expert belt making magnazone even scarier. The broken time space really arent for evolving but for re-applying magnazone or chancy in one turn. since my biggest threat is sp's which play no stadiums i see no reason to play more and all other major stage 2 decks have 3-4 of them in an average deck list. The palmers is really for getting out any of my high health pokemon i try to use as a wall after "gyro ball" like magnazone prime or chansy.

The energy is pretty self explanitory. I dont need to much because superconectiviey will let me fetch it from the discard pile, and rescue energy will save alot of time if magnazone dies, and i can use it as fodder for "lost burn" if i choose. The warp energy let me use chansy or magnazone prime as a shield against fire types or if i for some reason cant heal my magnazone (like mespirit) and then i can seeker for it back or use it with lost burn.

I am really confident that i can beat almost all tier one decks, but my biggest problem is dialga g x. if the sp player plays him, and can get his trainers back, then my vileplume is usesless and i wont be able to keep his pokemon locked, stop his poketurns or even heal using my chansy. hes the main reason i play judging giaratina so that i can really lower an sp player's chanse of getting the lvlx after i see them drop basic dialga. Another issue is luxray x and lvl x uxie used together can snipe out my vileplume. that requires alot of specific cards so as soon as i see luxray ill drop the giratina, and if he uses cyrus for a bebe's search or something ill stall him with it again, at the same time he serves as a hand refresh for me because magnetic draw lets me draw six cards, and him only four, and i do all this without a suporter so im still free to bebe's or twins, or seeker.

If you have any suggestions go ahead and let me know, but ive had alot of success with this deck against all sorts of different opponents.

just like magnezoneisgod"s deck i think that it would be better to put in a line of heatran lv.x and not the super connectivity magnezone but run a 2 magnezone primes (for speed) and a magnetic search magnezone because if you knock out magnezone with super conectivity you dont have many choices to bring him back but if you have your palmer in your hand play it and put it back into your deck and seach for it with magnetic search i think it would work out better for you.

As a magnezone player myself, I like this idea and agree with masquraingoddess that Heatran X is a good idea.

However Magnezone is bulky enough that Blissey does nothing for your deck but take up bench space. It's better to warp energy on magnezone to retreat send up another magnazone and seeker the damaged one and put it back down with BTS that should be in play before Vileplume hits the feild.

Crobat does nothing for your deck. Don't waste your 1 supporter per turn for just 10 damage.
Giratina is an interesting addition as it disrupts your opponent's hand, but a word to the wise, there may be a better card for that space. You'll have to play test it :)
I like running Pachurisu for dropping electric energy when you need that extra damage with magnezone primes attack.
I can understand wanting a collector start for fast set up but late game you'll end up with dead collector in hand that you don't need. I would take out at least 1.
- 1 (1-1) blissey line
-1 crobat
-1 Collector
-1 Magnemite (you're starting with spiritomb)
+2 Pachurisu
+1 (1-1) Heatran X line
+2 electric (your running 18 trainers in that list and magnezone is energy intensive you should add some)
Then with the other 8 cards your missing in that deck list, is up to you. I would add another Pachurisu and some more energy, 2 more rescue, another warp and extra electric wouldn't hurt, but that's just my opinion.

Dawn Stadium doesn't heal any other pokemon other than grass. And Magnezone can only reach 160 HP think.

the reference to dawns stadium was that that card is the only way that the oponent can escape paralysis without trainers (other than warp energy.) I said he can reach up to 200 because i was including the metal energy. the heatran is an interesting idea for sure.. but im not sure.. its one more level x to setup, one more thing to search and in a trainer lock deck its really difficult to search for things. the parachitsu is a good idea and its worth testing, but then i would have to change my magnazone line. The chansey has been a real life save for me because he can heal the all of my pokemon, and he one hits garchomp c, and he can take a hit or 2 from most decks, and because i have warp energy i can still do the seeker heal, and chansey makes it unnecessary. the extra collecter is there for consistancy because i know how useful one more card can be but if i dont have a collector in my starting hand im in trouble. the extra magmite is so that i can have a magmite with my spiritomb on first turn, and increase my chance of having one in the prize cards so i can search for azelf instead of a magmite with my beggining collector and intelligently draw my prizes. i know the crowbat looks silly but i cant even count how many times its come in handy for kills on my turn, and not triggering rescue energy, and especially for killing an uxie x after an 80 damage paralyze attack. haha in defence of superconnectivity magnazone, the gyroball skill is incredibly helpful. i agree that it makes reset harder, but with gyroball, the lvl x never dies. plus the magnazone powering himself up is really awesome, because hes self sufficient, and the metal energy in general will protect him, and hes capable of retreating himself.

thanks for your suggestions though ill proxy them in and give them a try at league

haha and why would i ever knock out my own magnezone with super connectivity?? hahaha
anyway one thing i lke about ur suggestions is that a dialga palkia legend could easily fit into the deck which would be fun, and extreamly helpful for the late game

thezone: haha and why would i ever knock out my own magnezone with super connectivity?? hahaha
anyway one thing i lke about ur suggestions is that a dialga palkia legend could easily fit into the deck which would be fun, and extreamly helpful for the late game

your leaving yourself to be knocked out exemple: lets say magnezone all ready has 4 damage then u use cyber shock to parylze and for 80-100 damage then super connectivity about twice put two damage counters on it then if you use gyroball you knock out your oppenent, then they have a free space to attack and this happens its sniped by a garchomp you should take out the gartina and crobat for a 1-1 menectric this will also help against luxchomp in two ways it will help protect vileplume and your benched magnezone.

i ran a variant of this deck a few months ago, before battle roads began. i ran a 3-3 line of electrode SF in it so that when i gyroballed out (when i had the kill gyroball allowed me to keep him out of harms way). and essentially he had the option of attacking me and getting hurt/paralyzed next turn. or he could do nothing. then i could just free retreat him and start the lock again. and with conductive quarry as my stadium getting 2 energy on magnezone a turn was never an issue.

haha i really like the electrode i would definitely put him in if didnt already have such a weakness to dialga g.. and the same with the manectric. no doubt he has alot of synergy with magnazone.. but it is really difficult for an sp player to set up a garchomp c lvl x an energy gain and a dce all without their trainer cards. both pokemon would increase my weakness to dialga g even more. though you might be right about the crowbat and healing with chansey. but your theory about superconnectivity is a bit off because i only need to use it one time per turn, and i rarely put it on the magnazone if i didnt plan on chansy healing him that turn anyway. i just put out someone with free retreat and let them take the damage counter

Mabye you shoud do this.

- 1 Collector
- 1 Bebe's Search

+ 1 BTS
+ 1 Uxie

Another Uxie can be good becuase you get more draw power. I don't think you shoud use 4 Collector. I tryed it once, and they was just troublesome. Another BTS will give you better chance to get up Magnezone faster.

never had problems evolving magnazone. the spiritomb lets me evolve the pokemon on the next turn, so evolution is never really an issue. as far as draw power goes i think the magnazone prime has got me covered there.

Back