Vilegar Techs - What should be used to make it unbeatable?

Cimurph

Rookie Year
Well I noticed that it was pretty fun to run a Vilegar tech after testing my Luxchomp deck against one, so I decided to construct one and came up with the dilemma of what to use to counter Dialga G Lv. X. I know you can use Gengar Lv. X to attempt to Leveldown, but that is easily blocked by a Power Spray (that they will now be able to use because of DGX). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should tech into my Vilegar deck in order to get the upperhand on a DGX or should I just leave it as Vileplume, Gengar, and Spiritomb as my main lines so I almost always get a T2-T3 Vileplume+Gengar. Please post your thoughts, ideas, and comments below.

Stick with the same lines and add Mr.Mime Triumphant when it comes. But, as far as DGX all you can do is try to looker away their sprays and then level-down or KO it.

I battled a Vilegar deck that ran Blaziken FB Lv.X, I'd assume It was for the Dialgachomp matchup.
@Torterra_Tank: I like your sig.:)

I would just stick to the lines you play since a tech would make the deck a little more inconsistence (and that's bad). If you play some looker's then thats all you need. Like Torterra_Tank said.

@Torterra_Tank: Like your sign too ^.^

mismagius SF, drifblim UD, warp point + ebelted flareon UD, these are simple tech's and could see much more effective use against trainer lock. cya

Looker's is the best way to deal with Dialga, since you can hopefully get the Warp Energy, Dialga G Lv.X, or Power Spray back into the deck with Looker's.

i know what your talking about man. the dialga g x is so annoying. for me gen prime screwed them over

Ty putting in Gengar Prime in there to try and put the Dialga G X or Dialga G in the Lost Zone before it hits the field. Since Mime is gone, you can use Promo Noctowl HGSS06 so you can look at your opponents hand or use Looker to look then shuffle your own hand.

Probably the Gengar Prime/Looker is the best way I can think of. Get rid of it before it becomes a problem. Seeker can get it to the hand if it's the only pokemon on their bench.

One thing I was considering was mismagius SF, which can return the DGX to the hand, and then lookers.

^ I can see this working, id have to test and see which one of those works better between blaziken fb and mismagius. But if you are gonna add a 1-1 line of mismagius, would it be good to make it 1-2 adding the other mismagius from UD for an additional poltergeist in can you run out of gengars

Slowking GS. Where I live, I know 2 of 3 Vilegar players that tech Slowking. You get to disrupt draw or give them a useless trainer for Poltergiest. I like it a lot. IDK how good it works for Dialga, but it's something to consider.

ive found baziken fb is amazing at it

and not only does it counter dialga, luring flame is great in trainer lock

Back