• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VileGar (Cities, Masters)

Shuckle the Snail

VileGar Master
Hi, this is my first deck, I have tested it agaisnt people at my locals, and I have been doing pretty well, since I am somewhat new, about 2 months, I am still getting the hang of the synergy of the deck.

Monsters:25
4 Gastly SF
4 Haunter TR
3 Gengar SF
1 Gengar Lvl X
2 Oddish LA
2 Gloom LA
2 Vileplume UD
4 Spiritomb AR
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

Supporters:20
3 Looker's Investigation
4 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Twins
1 Palmers
2 Copycat
3 Seeker
2 Cynthia's Feelings

Stadiums:3

3 BTS

Energy:12

6 Psychic Energy
2 Rescue Energy

It is the basic vilegar strategy, trainer lock then use gengars poly for game, theoretically at least :3
2 Warp Energy
2 Call Energy

Take out a Cynthias feeling for a Unown Q so you can retreat Spiritomb for free, if it isn't knocked out.

Do you really need rescue energy and palmer's? I don't think so, so I would take out the rescue energy for another psychic energy and another BTS for more consistancy.

I would take out the Haunter so the line looks like 4-3-3-1. You're going to be mostly evolving with Tomb anyways ;)

I think this deck has some desnecessary supporters, you need an absol G and sablelock counter. Here are some suggestions:

-2 Cynthia's Feelings
-2 Copycat
-1 Looker's Investigation
-1 Seeker
-2 Psychic Energy

+2-2-2 Machamp SF
+2 Rainbow Energy

I know this looks crazy, but against a very good Luxchomp (not to talk about sablelock and abchomp), without Machamp you lose, and even with it it's hard to win if the Luxchomp player knows how to use Uxie X and Luxray to disrupt, so try with this. I think you should put a third Call Energy, but I can't find room to it. I run both decks and I run Luxchomp over a year, and I know how to use it well, and it's always winning to vilegar if it doesn't have machamp.

I know this may be silly but I see a deck or tech that seems beyond annoying for vilegar....

How do you counter Umbreon?

Well I just read the post above me and that makes sense for umbreon too. I was also thinking Toxicroak from Arceus as well..

^Fainting Spell.

Anyways, I love running Miasma Valley in it. If you use it at the right time, you can use Compound Paiun on Gengar X, and get multiple KO's. I've come back several times with it and usually getting 2-3 KO's to win when my opponent has just one prize left.

Or you can just snipe around it with Shadow Room. I know you can't rely on a coin flip, but its better than trying to tech in some Donphan or Machamp thingy.

I think shadow room doesn't do anything, because it prevents ALL effects, including damage... opponent's pokemon that as any poke-body or poke-power. I think the damage of shadow room is an effect.

damage and damage counters are diffrent things for the game, although umbreon can block both poltergeist and shadow room for itself, against evything else shadow room can snipe freely, let umbreon attack and just snipe around it, specifically the bench warmers (i.e uxie, azelf) and i also would suggest:

- 1 haunter
+1 crobat G

reason being u have only 3 gengars and 4 haunters.. i becomes a dead draw late game, and you have spiritomb evolving, :S
Crobat G, can help finish one of those pixies after or before a shadow room :p, and since ur running seekers, you can use it again

^Yeah but if the opponent has more than just Umbreon....
Teching in Machamp is pretty crazy, it might be crazy enough to work, or perhaps not...
I think it's worth a shot?

I really really want to play Vilegar as well. But Im guessing lots of people are going to be playing this combo because it seems pretty faceroll. So good players will be ready with counters and this might mean we see decks with more than 1-1 Umbreon UD. Fainting spell is just not enough, in fact, its almost nothing at all. If they are able to set up 3 umbreons, that means we would have to flip 3 heads on 3 gengars just to keep even. And thats assuming we do get Uxie'd or Crobat'd etc.

I have some ideas of Toxicroak AR or I like the call on a 2-2-2 line of Machamp because this also helps tech against Luxchomp and others as well. Personally I dont see facing Umbreon a lot in the comming tourneys But, its quite possible depending on how popular Vilegar gets. So its best to prepare for it, however needed.

Thoughts?

In my meta umbreon is really played, so I have suggested this, but if your meta isn't like mine, don't use that line of machamps.

Back