• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VictoryPlume (Vileplume+Victreebel)! (Seniors, Any Event)

Does this deck have potential to be viable in the current Metagame?

• Total voters
I see where you're going with that idea, but because the deck is not entirely focus on Trainer-lock, I don't really like the idea. The deck's purpose is to set up a Victreebel and Shaymin LV.X to tank, then when you want to lock your opponent, drop a Vileplume line with Rare Candy or BTS. It depends on the situation, though, for example if I am playing against Luxchomp I would try to get Vileplume out as soon as possible to extremely hinder their set up, and if I'm playing against a deck that is not too reliant on Trainers, then I would use the Tanking strategy.

~A+G

im pretty much just saying though just to take out all trainers except rare candies. thats all

The thing about that is Victreebel has an extremely low damage output, so it really needs Expert Belts, and to be able to drag an opponent's Pokemon active you need to be able to use Bellsprout's attack by having Memory Berry attached.

~A+G

I do like Victreebel quite a bit but I do have a question running it with Plume..

As you said, Victreebel needs E Belt or Memory Berry to run efficiently. How do you expect to pull that off if you trainer lock yourself? I know your main point is not to trainer lock but if you are playing Plume, I just feel that either you lock in the beginning or don't lock at all.

Sure, late game locks does have some benefits but it's not worth it though... I see it being useful for SPs only since set up/donk decks don't really need much trainer support after setting up. I could be missing something...

But yea.. Main question: How do you play down E Belt/Berry if you need an early trainer lock? I know Seeker works fine but you can only used it so many times and it takes up your supporter for the turn.

Apart from that, I like it. Looks pretty solid. I was going to suggest PONT over Copycat but I guess Copycat is better if your opponent's hand is full of trainers

If your ever worried about weakness just add 1-1 metapod. That way you don't have to change up energies or anything.

I like the idea of this deck a lot, but 2 stage 2's and a level x is very hard even with bts and candies (especially if your trainer locking) . I ran butterfree meganium prime and shaymin x for a while. Once claydol was gone that deck was sllllloooww.

So maybe dugtrio pl instead of vileplume.
They will never be able to retreat without switch or warp point. And you can keep drawing out things will bellsprouts attack.
Which requires the memory berry that you can now attach because there's no plume lock.
Also what about adding a victreebell from la.
He can drag out a pokemon then burn and poison it. And his other attack does 60.

Almost every single game I have been able to get the lock going on T3/T4 and by T5 have a Shaymin LV.X out as well, so I really don't think that the deck is too slow. I can't really not use Vileplume, as otherwise my opponent would just be able to play down their PokeTurns and Switch/Warp Points. And I always attach the tool cards to my Pokemon before I get Vileplume out, if possible, but if I can't then I can just Seeker it, play my Trainers, and play it all down again with Rare Candy/BTS. I have tried Victreebel LA but with it I can't really lock my opponent since they can retreat, which is possible if they don't have any high-retreaters on their bench for me to lock....

Thanks,
~A+G

But with dugtrio they won't ever want to retreat. Poke turn is really the only problem because switch and warp point don't return the pokemon to the hand so they still have damage.

Its really up to what works best in your meta, if its full of luxchomp then lock them.

But this deck can get out speed very easily. Scizor prime is read on t2 swinging for 70 or 90 with a belt which knocks everything out before you set it up.

Well, my meta is almost entirely Luxchomp, and I can usually set up my Vileplume by T1/T2 and by then they will have a lot of trouble setting up. If I play against VileGar, my only problem is if they have Warp Energy, as well as Fainting Spell, thought Fainting Spell usnt too much of a danger because i you knock them out with Poison or Burn then fainting spell doesnt work. can have multiple Victreebel's set up thanks to the extra bench space because I dont need Vileplume. if they do end up KOing me, I can easily have another one set up on the next turn to drag up something (like Vileplume), and if they don't have any Warp Energy they can't do anything.

~A+G

well you cant have memory berry and expert belt attached at the same time so you could try and replace the memory berries for a 1-1 luxray lvx and see what works better. If you do try luxray lv x I recommand adding more seekers and 1 more warp energy so you can retreat twice and reuse luxray's power. So u go warp energy the victreebell, bright look, retreat, acidic drain and start locking them there

I sadly don't have the money for a Luxray X, so I can't add that.... I might swap the Memory Berries and other stuff for 4 Pokemon Reversal, though

~A+G

well what u could do is play some candies... or more BTS. Seeker your vileplume then attach the belt if it wasnt already attached then play your reversals and candy or bts the vileplume back and repeat it everytime u need to

Yeah, that's what I have been doing so that I can attach my tool cards when I need to. Because of that do you think I should run 3 Seeker or 4 Seeker? When I tested out using 4 I always ended up drawing too many of them....

~A+G

then if 3 works for you go for 3 :D I personally think that 3 is enough cuz it can help out the opponent as well if u overuse it

I really like this deck and I think you have a good list! Have you ever considered using Sunflora HS to speed up your deck?

3 Seeker? 4 Seeker? Dude, you only need enough so that you can...

1. Remove damage from snipes
2. Pick up Uxies when needed
3. Pick up other banged up Pokemon

I would go for 2-3 Seeker, but that's me. Also, do you have some ways of switching the opponents Pokemon so you can snipe and lock?

@T-King: You missed a huge point of Seeker, to scoop up Vileplume so that I can play my Expert Belts/Memory Berries then bench the Vileplume again with BTS in play. That fact alone makes Seeker excellent in this deck. Also, the way I can lock them is by using Memory Berry+Bellsprout's Vine Invite to drag up something to KO next turn (probably).

@the aura is with me8: Uhhhh.... Why are you talking about Dusknoir...?

~A+G

^Ah, it all makes sense now. I would take out a Candy for a BTS so you can get it easily.

I might just play this deck, actually.

Back