• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VictoryPlume (Vileplume+Victreebel)! (Seniors, Any Event)

Does this deck have potential to be viable in the current Metagame?

• Total voters
Yeah, I was debating taking out a Candy for a BTS but wasn't sure, and with the new Rare Candy rule coming soon (February? March? April?) I'll probably max BTS anyway. Changes made.

It is a very fun deck to play if you're planning to try it!
~A+G

Nice deck, I'm eager to run a variant of this deck using the new Carnivine from HS Triumphant cause Saliva Lure is such an awesome attack for manipulating your Opponent's bench for 1 energy and free retreat from Dodrio's Retreat Aid.

Seeker's are definitely a must especially If you're wanting to play your Trainers with Vileplume in play already when you have BTS going. Perhaps a 1-1 or 2-2 Leafeon (HS Undaunted) line would help.

Get the Special Condition's off with Victreebel's attack and Body locking the Defending in the Active Zone, retreat for Leafeon next turn and Miasma Wind for 100 could make for a great counter against Umbreon as well while Dodrio is pretty much giving all your Pokemon free retreat.

Leafeon sounds like a really cool tech for this deck, I didn't even noticed it. I'll tech in a 1-1 line and see how it works, but it does sound really useful!

Thanks,
~A+G

Well at least you'll be doing damage and obtaining prizes besides just stalling and manipulating your Opponent's bench most of the time, otherwise the game is going to go really long and slow.

If your opponent is smart they'll try to put less Pokemon on their bench to decrease your chances of stalling out against them with Carnivine and Victreebel. It's similiar to playing Jumpluff in some ways except you're needing your Opponent's bench full to manipulate with Special Conditions not for Aggro Rush damage.

I'm thinking a 1-1 Dodrio line with 3 Spiritomb AR would help because you can get Dodrio out of your prizes with Azelf's Time Walk and reuse it with Seeker If need be. Here's how I'm seeing the Pokemon lines for this deck:

3-2-3 Victreebel (HS Triumphant)
2-1-2 Vileplume (HS Undaunted)
1-1 Dodrio (HS Undaunted)
3 Spiritomb AR
2 Carnivine (HS Triumphant)
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

You could try to squeeze in Leafeon but you might have to take Spiritomb out for it possibly. Test it and see how it works, I guess you could go 1 extra Gloom and a 1-1 Leafeon line out to replace Spiritomb. Carnivine is the bread and butter of this deck because of Saliva Lure nabbing targets to lock with Victreebel.

I don't really like the idea of Spiritomb in the deck, as I believe that you don't always need the T1 Trainer Lock in most situations and it kind of slows down the deck IMO. I would go for a 2-2-2 Vileplume in your list, as if you've Rare Candied into your one Vileplume on your bench and you need to do the Seeker+BTS=Use Trainers thing, you won't be able to play it down right away unless you have a Rare Candy or Gloom in your hand. The Carnivine is interesting, but it does the same thing as a Memory Berry'd Victreebel (it does the same thing as Bellsprout TR's Inviting Scent attack), but it could serve useful as a starter or if you don't want to use Trainers at all. It's second attack is what I find most useful, actually, because no matter what it prevents them from retreating, and with Vileplume in play their only option to get out of the active is Warp Energy which not many people run. A Uxie LV.X would also be useful for drawpower.

~A+G

You should run Blaziken FB X to increase you damage output by alot because they might not retreat so you'll be doing 40 more damage.

I don't really want to run SP in this deck, and I think teching in Blaziken FB would slow down the deck a bit. I would choose Leafeon over Blaziken, as it would not require me to add another Energy Type and would be a good card to surprise my opponent with. Blaziken forces you top wait a turn until it can use it's full potential, but on the other hand is a good tech to cope with DGX. So I think in this deck Leafeon>Blaziken because of the reasons I stated.

Thanks for the suggestion, though,
~A+G

Okay I just recently tested this deck out at my local League against a Machamp/Garchomp/Flygon deck and I've noticed the main flaws of the deck to fix, one is that Expert Belt hurts the deck itself more than helping it and two getting the energies required to pull off the strategy this deck intends to employ though with Dodrio it's not that hard. In my build of this deck I've only managed to squeeze in at least 13 {G} in the deck.

That's why I've been thinking of Memory Berries more than Expert Belt so you can still use Inviting Scent (Bellsprout attack) with Victreebel without having to use Carnivine's Saliva Lure for bench manipulation by itself, heck Roserade GL might be a good replacement since they can't retreat with it. I really do think Leafeon helps alot with Miasma Wind If you time it right with Victreebel's Acidic Drain attack with Dodrio's Retreat Aid.

I'm not sure If Interviewer's would help the deck or not, it does somewhat the main problem is deck space and slots to fill. One of my friends says that Machamp Prime/Donphan Prime could hurt this deck badly and the Legends Awakened Victreebel might help but you still have to pay 1 retreat with Dodrio. He even mentioned the new Pidgeot over Vileplume for Headwind increasing their attack costs by {C}{C}.

I still think the Trainer Lock from Vileplume helps more than Pidgeot (HS Triumphant) which only does at least 20 damage with free retreat. You're not going to get much out of it other than being able to counter Flygon for {C} Weakness. Even though Seeker with Vileplume and BTS makes Trainers more playable in the deck itself it's still a double-edged sword with Uxie If they have the same Pokemon on their bench.

That's interesting... In my testing Expert Belt is usually never a problem... Having a balance of Memory Berries and Expert Belts allows me to set up one Victreebel with Expert Belt for attacking with Acidic Drain and one with Memory Berry to use Inviting Scent. They can easily work together in different situations because of Dodrio, as I can drag something up using the Memory Berried one, and next turn retreat it and bring out the Expert Belted one to KO it. If you are to add Pidgeot to this deck, it wouldn't even be the same deck. I think Pidgeot would slow the deck down WAY to much, and with it's attack your opponents Pokemon can still retreat and get rid of the effect anyway. Interviewers might help, but I never have too little energy because of Set Up/Trade Off/Copycat/etc to make it very useful. No matter how much Seeker helps the opponent, if I'm using it it should help me more than it helps them, and if not I'll think I'll take my chances.

Thanks for your input,
~A+G

Flying_Swampert and I once had an idea for this deck. We used it with Blaziken FB Lv.X (weird, huh?) to do more damage the second turn of Victreebel attacking. The reason? Victreebel causes burn. Blaziken FB Lv.X does 40 more damage to a burned Pokemon. I can't think of what to take out, however. That's it. Otherwise, I like your deck.

EDIT: Didn't see Flying_Swampert already posted that. I have a common problem of clicking on a thread but only looking at the first page.

Back