• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Victini EX/Latias EX

anshouji

Aspiring Trainer
Finally finished a consistent build, and I like it so far. I'm looking for pointers, esp. if anyone has ideas for potential replacements for the Latias EX. Maybe more float stone?

Pokemon
  • Victini EX (PS) x3
  • Latias EX (PF) x2
  • Mewtwo EX x2
  • Sygalyph (DE) x2
  • Boufflant (DE) x2
  • Keldeo EX x1

=12
Trainers
  • Victory Piece x1
  • Pokemon Catcher x4
  • Float Stone x2
  • Switch x4
  • Max Potion x1
  • Ultra Ball x4
  • Random Receiver x2

=18
Supporters
  • Juniper x4
  • N x4
  • Skyla x4
  • Colress x1

=13
Energy
  • DCE x4
  • Psychic x5
  • Fire x6
  • Blend x2

=17
Strategy

General idea to get Victini EX out asap preferably with victory piece. The rest of the deck is anti-meta, with Mewtwo, Bouffalant, and Sygaliph. Keldeo for unlimited switches and Latias is iffy--more to stall than anything else. Pro tips? Should I add another Max Potion for V-piece Victini? And should I be worried about Garbador?

13 Pokemon
3 Victini EX
2 Terakion EX
1 Terrakion
2 Cobalion
2 Cresselia EX
1 Boufalant
2 Keldeo EX
18 Items/Ace Spec/Stadium
4 Pokemon Catchers
2 Float Stone
2 Switch
2 Skyrow Bridge
1 Victory Peice
3 Ultra Ball
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Random Receiver
1 Super Rod
1 Revive
13 Supporters
4 Skyla
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
1 CIlan
16 Energy
4 Prism
3 Fighting
3 Fire
2 Water
2 Steel
1 Double Colorless
1 Psychic
i got this idea from Mora (the forum Victini Box)
Strategy: get Victini EX first turn with a fire energy and do Turbo Energize on a pokemon that has the opponents weakness (lets say you are playing against a Plasma Box deck and they start with a thundurus EX and you start with a victini EX and a terrakion ex on the bench first turn you turbo energize 2 energy on terrakion EX second turn you switch or Skyrow Bridge or Float Stone Victini EX and get Terrakion EX active then you put a third energy on Terrakion EX and OHKO the Thundurus) so to summarize get Victini EX first turn with a fire energy and do Turbo Energize on a pokemon that has the opponents weakness and do 90+90 (with weakness) damadge to the opponents pokemon
(i know your thinking why did this guy post this it is totally different well that it is not true it is anti-meta all the pokemon i have are anti-meta)

I would change the pokemon arrangement. Two Victini EX is really plenty. I would go up to four Latias, three Sigyliph, and pick one of your other techs to concentrate on and still only have 12 total (to me you have a lot of everything, but just thinned out). 12-14 energy for this build is plenty; and base the spread on what you tech in (personally I would run with just four fire; you will probably on use the power once). With the supporter line you are running, I think Random Receiver is probably overkill and I might would run two to three super scoop ups to try and get the victini off the field where it is not a cheap prize kill. It is the one liability in the deck (but I do understand the purpose and agree it is a good fit). I would not worry about Garbador.

Back