Help Viable replacement for LELE GX

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering if there was any viable replacement for LeLe GX for a competitive deck in Standard. maybe an Octillery line?

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
The sad thing is that nothing really replaces Tapu Lele GX for what it does - the ability to grab any Supporter you want, and it's an extremely powerful ability at that. Depending on your deck, you might not even have the room for an Octillery line, though Octillery itself doesn't necessarily mean that you get the cards you need at any one point.

If you can't afford Lele, though, then your only options really are to just try to draw as much as possible, and Oranguru and the Octillery you mentioned are pretty much it.

Expanded may be a better choice if you have a bunch of the cards from it, as it isn't nearly as reliant on Lele.

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunately I stopped playing for a few months and now I am left behind. I will get them eventually. I was just looking for a short term solution til I get the dough to get them. Expanded is not an option in my area as there is no expanded stuff locally.

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
the deck I was looking to run is Solgaleo GX. Which Tapu LeLe seems like its a must in it.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
You could always try Random Receiver from Fates Collide. While you aren't able to choose what Supporter you draw, it's still better than nothing.

Personally, if I had to make due without Tapu Lele, I would run more draw support cards. 4 Sycamore, 4 N, 2 Shauna/Lillie, and either Octillery or Oranguru depending on deck space. I would probably max out my Guzma line too just so I drew into it more consistently.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
I would wait until Zoroark GX comes out, and then use that. Its not perfect, but it does grab 2 cards for one discard, and that stacks. You could be drawing an extra 8 cards a turn at max.

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
I did plan on bumping up my draw support line but maybe I should add in a couple of Hala since I'm using solgaleo and I should be using my GX move early.

Raltsies

Some guy with too much time
For standard I'm not exactly sure...

But if you're going for Expanded format.. Jirachi EX (Plasma Blast) is your best choice..

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Best replacement for Lele is to tech in a full 60 card Greninja Break deck and take out every card you ran before.

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
The Greninja list that came 2nd at Hartford ran just 1 Lele. That's probably still the ideal, but the deck can probably work with 0 and something else in its wake. All I can suggest is don't buy any sealed product and save for Lele singles. I have Strong Opinions about how Lele's getting to be a barrier to entry, but no other solution has presented itself.

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
I was thinking about the concept of a Lele replacement last night (cause what else are you going to do at midnight?). What about a new kind of seeker item, which operated on a coinflip and let you grab a supporter out of your deck? Seems like a card Pokemon could print...

Or... Counter Seeker. Item can only be played when behind on prizes. Gets supporter out of discard. Or out of deck - dunno. I kind of want them to print that one now...

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
You need lele in every deck (besides greninja) to be competitive but the only real replacements would be definitely running a higher supporter count maybe a couple skylas lillies or wickes or just oranguru / octillery.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I was thinking about the concept of a Lele replacement last night (cause what else are you going to do at midnight?). What about a new kind of seeker item, which operated on a coinflip and let you grab a supporter out of your deck? Seems like a card Pokemon could print...

Or... Counter Seeker. Item can only be played when behind on prizes. Gets supporter out of discard. Or out of deck - dunno. I kind of want them to print that one now...

I like those ideas. I think it'd be a great alternative to those who can't/don't want to spend money on multiple Tapu Lele. The "Counter Seeker" idea would be cool because I feel like the game is starting to release cards that give players a fighting chance if they're behind in the game. We have Counter Energy and and Counter Catcher coming out. A Counter Seeker would make sense.