VGC 2011 Cancelled?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
With the Japanese Qualifier's for Worlds 2011 getting cancelled for the TCG, do you think the VGC's in Japan will be cancelled as well? If so how come there hasn't been an announcement yet?

Unfortunately the forums at TPCI are acting up where the log in service is not working. I therefore can't tell you. If it was working, I'd give you as much information as I know.

This is very depressing for the Japanese, it's so sad that how this earthquake has affected even the pokemon community. The sheer magnitude of the damage done has truly taken the toll on this nation. Hopefully the Japanese will have another form of competing, otherwise quite frankly worlds won't seem like worlds, considering how the VGC will just be the Americans vs. the Europeans. IMO if i were to win worlds and the Japs didn't compete i really wouldn't feel like a world champ considering that the usual best players weren't present in the competition. All we can do is wait and hope that japan rebuilds quickly so there may be hope for our Japanese adversaries.

I'd like to know where you are getting this information. It isn't mentioned anywhere on TPCI's forums after successfully being able to log in to them today.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2011/03/at110314_02.html

It's in Japanese, so I translate (literal translations)

"Proceedings of 2011 Japan national decision ポケモンワールドチャンピオンシップス" Notice of discontinuation

March 18, 2011

Dear Customer

Pokemon Co.

This time, "Earthquake northeastern Pacific Ocean," and tell the heartfelt sympathy to everyone affected by made against his family and everyone of you people that sacrifice, I would like to respectfully condolences.

Impact of earthquakes in each direction, given the social situation and the "2011 Japan National Conference ポケモンワールドチャンピオンシップス decision" with regard to the holding of a convention that any decision to cancel a representative of each area we have now published We decide.

In Pokemon Daisuki Club, I will also stop sending out acceptance and participation certificate request to join the competition.
To everyone of you had been looking forward to the tournament Sorry, thank you for your understanding that by any means.

However, with regard to future events, and social conditions for everyone to enjoy love Pokemon Kudasaru consider what to do after it, in turn, so we will announce our plans to pay official in our now thank you for your patience.

Once again, I wish sincerely to rehabilitation and reconstruction as soon as possible.

Back