Discussion Vespiquen with Raticate

crowfeather4

R.I.P. Night March
So, the new Raticate has been getting a lot of attention recently, and I was wondering if it could work with Vespiquen. I know Vespiquen utilizes Zoroark, Zebstrika, and Garbodor, but could Raticate be a useful addition to Vespiquen's artillery? Would a 1-1 line be sufficient, or would it be useful to go for a 2-2?

The only problem I really see with Raticate as a 1-1 in Vespi, is the HP. Raticate is such a fragile pokemon, especially for a stage 1, and I don't know if he'd really work out in a quick set-up situation. But, I'd definitely give it a shot if you have the chance. If nothing else, he can be discarded and add up the damage for Vespi :D

Not really, I think other things use the space better. Between klefki, unown, garb, zebstrika, and shaymin you have plenty of Pokemon space fillers. Raticate is only good late game when there's lots of special energy in the discard. I can see Rattata's ability being useful sometimes, but you're probably just going to be finding yourself discarding it early game.

Back