Discussion Vespiquen Vileplume Tech Advice

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So right now I am testing Vespiquen vileplume, and I have run into a rather intriguing dilemma. I have space for one tech card, and I am unsure what to do. So far, I have desided on one of the following...

Red card
Bunnelby
Miltank
Lysandre
AZ
Jirachi
Muscle band

All advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Can we see the rest of your deck? I would think a Lysandre or Az are your best options but it's hard to say if we don't know if you have one already :D

The Vespiplume I've been toying with for instance, has two Az and one Lysandre.

I do not run any vs seeker or lysandre in the deck, nor AZ. I will take this into consideration. It's just that the lack of vs seeker makes it unlikely it will come in handy, so I haven't thought about those cards...

So right now I am testing Vespiquen vileplume, and I have run into a rather intriguing dilemma. I have space for one tech card, and I am unsure what to do. So far, I have desided on one of the following...

Red card
Bunnelby
Miltank
Lysandre
AZ
Jirachi
Muscle band

All advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I run a Lysandre in my Vileplume/Vespiquen deck and it has proven to be quite useful when it is needed. With Trainer's Mail too it is not too hard to grab if you really need it.

It honestly depends on your deck composition. If you're trying to avoid using any VS Seeker, I'd recommend using thigns like Lysandre, Olympia, AZ, or any type of support card that can help you keep Vespiquen in the active and/or allow you to manipulate knockouts using Vespiquen. Muscle Bands also a good option, but the issue with this is Vileplume locks you out of using it since it is an item card so be wary of that. In all honesty, if you can, I'd run one VS Seeker so that way if you are able, you can use AZ to pull up Vileplume, then use VS Seeker to return AZ to the hand before playing Vileplume again so this way you are able to have another chance or pulling it back up if need be.

AZ is necessary. The deck can easily be Lysandre'd around. Also it allows you to pick up Shaymin-EXs on your bench to reuse and try to get the t1 item lock :) I run 2 AZ 1 Lysandre and personally I do believe those are staples to the deck and should be included in every Vespiquen/Vileplume deck :)

Last edited:
I have been trying cassius, and it helps the anti-deck out. I like the whole psychic's mind reading concept. Will test

Back