• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vespiquen / Night March for States

Ghazernado

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 25
  • 3-3 Vespiquen
  • 4 Unown
  • 3 Shaymin-EX
  • 4 Joltik
  • 4 Lampent
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 3 Muscle Band
Energy: 4
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

Fuel your revengers, and use Puzzle of Time to recur the resources. The only problems this deck has had is activating Puzzle of Time consistently. Any thoughts?

I have had issues with getting 2 puzzles when I want them at times, but it always seemed that it was at times when i didn't need them. Easiest way to ensure you'll get the puzzles that you need would be to run teammates. Lets face it, you're going to lose a Joltik or 2, so that's a no brainer to run teammates. He's the mods I would make to the deck

-3 Dimension Valley (not needed as you'll main attack with Joltik and Vespiquen, you need pumpkaboo's in discard pile for both pokemons attacks)
-1 Switch
-3 Muscle Band

+2 Float Stones
+1 Town Map
+1 Teammates
+3 Fighting Fury Belt

-Float stones will be better than switch, if they keep Lysandre your Shaymin up.
-Town map to get exactly what you want out of your prizes. This is even more key now seeing as you may only be taking one prize card at a time which could save the game knowing what you're getting.
-Teammates is a must since, like I said before, you're going to lose a Joltik or two and you can use teammates to grab that other puzzle piece you're missing and/or a DCE.
-Fighting Fury Belt over the muscle band. Reason being is if you're going to main attack with just Vespiquen and Joltik you're going to put the Pumpkaboo's, Lampent's, unknowns and maybe a shaymin, joltik, combee and Vespiquen in the discard pile. So that's at least 16 pokemon discarded which is plenty for both Vespiquen and Joltik to get OHKO's. All the belt is for is the additional HP's so you dont lose prizes to a Trevenant Break or Bat's.

Hope this helps.

I'd like to see some Trainers' Mail if it were my list. I tried a list without it, but I just felt like I was getting dead hands way too often. Trainers' Mail would also help you get the second Puzzle of Time piece in your hand. I hate it when you get one piece in your hand, and you need to play Sycamore.

-1 Enhanced Hammer
-3 Dimension Valley

+4 Trainers' Mail

@Mora I could've sworn I had T. Mail in there. I think overall, I'm not going to play this deck. I'll stick with Night March or other variants, but not this.

Back