• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vapreon EX/Kingdra EX (No Tapu Lele!)

Metallic Stick

Lonely Metal User
I just have a lot of Vaporeon Ex's so I decided to make a deck for fun, and I actually actually made a good one, and Vaporeon EX is pretty cheap, so it's not expensive to get one, it's just people usually don't have one to trade or sell you lol

Pokemon: 9
3x/4x Vaporeon EX GEN
2x/1x Kingdra EX FAC 73
2x Helioptile GRI 43
2x Heliolisk GRI 44

You're given the option to switch Kingdra and Vaporeon Out, it depends on your tastes and if you want to risk losing lightning energy since there's only one way to recover that. I found 2 Kingdra to be helpful in case one was prized, but 1 is just enough to do any damage you need.

Trainer Cards: 29
2 Aqua Patch GRI 119
2 Rough Seas PRC 137
2 Ilima SUM 146
2 Gym Badge PR-XY XY206
2 Lysandre FLF 90
3 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
2 Ninja Boy STS 103
2 Nest Ball SUM 123
2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
2 Max Elixir BKP 102
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
2 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
2 Float Stone BKT 137

I don't have 4 aqua patches, but switching out the Gym Badges for Aqua Patches would be a good idea, especially for water energy that gets kicked off of your pokemon. You should also switch out Nest Ball for more Ninja Boy and Float Stones. This is what's working for me right now, and I also don't have enough of some of the cards >_>;

Energy: 22
8x Lightning Energy
14x Water Energy

Hold onto the lightning energy as well as you can, losing all of it is only recoverable by Energy Recycler. Lightning Energy will also be your colorless energy or what you feed your Kingdra.

The Pokemon and Their Uses

Vaporeon EX- The Star of the Deck
113682_200w.jpg

You want Vaporeon to stay relatively healthy, we can't always heal all damage, so having 60 damage counters or less is what you are shooting for, but it won't matter as much if you have fully powered Vaporeon on the bench since you can switch out between Vaporeon.

Deep Squall depends on that healthy Vaporeon, so you play Pokemon Center Lady and Rough Seas as viciously as you can, especially when VS Seeker is gone (which this deck list is modified for VS Seeker to be gone, yet not the others, that's currently in development). You also attack with Bubble Drain as often as you can, not only to heal, but to hold onto your energy, especially against heavy hitters and grass decks.

To bring Vaporeon into play, you are very likely to draw into one for your first turn, if you draw into any other basic (especially Helioptile) Ninja Boy as soon as you can while having the necessary energy on as well.

Tools to use on Vaporeon- Float Stone is a must, with that expensive retreat cost, you want to move Vaporeon in and out as quick as you can without scrambling for energy. You should switch into another Vaporeon with another Float Stone to maximize the damage from the Vaporeons, end game, you should have prepared another Vaporeon with a Fighting Fury Belt, that is your end game attacker or wall if you get stuck or have Vaporeon to heal.
Kingdra EX- Heavy Hitter
XY10_EN_122.png

Kingdra is your stadium remover and heavy hitter. Remove stadiums you don't want in play, in other words, remove any stadiums that are not Rough Seas. I haven't seen many fairy decks out there, so you don't need to worry about weakness, but do worry about any pokemon that could go after Kingdra when there is no energy attached, this is what costs you a Kingdra besides being a sacrifice as you heal your Vaporeon.

Dragon Tail depends on lightning energy, pile them if you can, max elixirs are your route as this pokemon is Helioptile. Getting three lightning energy will rack up a damage count of 150, add more for those heavier Exs and GXs and you'll run away with prizes.

To bring Kingdra into play, if you have a Vaporeon with only lightning energy, Ninja boy, or use our wonderful gear Helioptile to Ninja Boy Kingdra in play.

Tools to use on Kingdra: Fighting Fury Belt. Never, I repeat, NEVER, put a Float Stone onto Kingdra. Kingdra has a super cheap retreat cost, get rid of water energy to use Aqua Patches on your Vaporeon. I cannot tell you how many times I've lost games because I attached a Float Stone to Kingdra. Just, no Float Stone, those are exclusive to Vaporeon.
Helioptile/Heliolisk- Ninja Boy Target/One Prize Hitter
SM2_EN_43.png
SM2_EN_44.png

Helioptile is your Ninja Boy target 90% of the time, starting with Helioptile is never good when he's your active pokemon, if it's a benched pokemon, you can leave Helioptile to relax there, especially if Heliolisk is in your hand. If in active, Ninja Boy Helioptile as soon as you can. Helioptile is not a pokemon you attack with, you only attack as you quickly search for the Ninja Boy and grab a Vaporeon.

Heliolisk, on the other hand, is a nice pokemon you want to use to chase grass decks and certain water type pokemon (Gyarados EX) that can and will one shot your Vaporeon. Heliolisk is also what you use to go around Regice, get Regice out so you can bring Vaporeon and Kingdra in. Heliolisk is a pokemon you want sitting on the bench in case, have Heliolisk all suited up and ready to go, Heliolisk can and will help you out of situations.

Target another Helioptile/Heliolisk or Vaporeon (Healthy of course) and rough seas the damage away when using Raging Thunder!

To bring Helioptile/Heliolisk into play, you have to top deck them. If you're keeping in Ultra Ball, ball them in, but you aren't Ninja Boy-ing in a Helioptile in place of a fully powered Kingdra. Nest Ball them in if you are using Nest Ball. Just do not use Ninja Boy.​

Tools to use on Helioptile/Heliolisk: Nothing. This is a pokemon that will be knocked out as you heal or prepare Vaporeons. It has a cheap retreat cost, but you don't retreat Heliolisk. Heliolisk is there to be knocked out and stall as much as you can as Vaporeon and Kingdra get fixed up.

About The Trainers

You're healing with Pokemon Center Lady, you heal as aggressively as you can if you don't have a Rough Seas in play. Keeping Vaporeon healthy is our goal, Vaporeon's Deep Squall relies on a healthy Vaporeon, so aggressively heal the almost KO'd Vaporeon and Kingdra. Do not use on Helioptile/Heliolisk.

Lysandre is going to bring in the easy pickings, put Guzma in place to remove those weak Vaporeon and you'll be saved. But you're chasing pokemon that will become GXs and pokemon that could harm you later on.

Ilima, I don't play N because I want to get six cards at any time, you can also use this to deck out opponents who are low on cards near the end of the game. Usually, Ilima is used early to mid game to get the late game cards away and try and pull up Rough Seas.

Rough Seas. This is a water/lightning deck. You should know what Rough Seas is for, especially considering one of the attacks.

The item cards are also self-explanatory as well. Aqua Patches to bring discarded energy onto Vaporeon. Max elixir on pokemon. Energy Recycler to prevent top decks and pull lightning energy back into play. Nest Ball/Ultra Ball to pull Vaporeon or any pokemon needed. The tools are also explained with the other cards as well, so I don't need to explain them.

Back