Van Gogh Museum Fires Employees for Embezzling During Pokemon Collaboration, New Details Emerge

TPCi actively encourages this kind of behavior. If they printed enough promos to curb the demand, scalpers would have nothing.
i disagree. if we get 3 super limited cards per year, i think its awesome. i mean look at any other genre of cards. they all have either serial numbered stuff, or exclusive stuff. why should tpci be any different

Yes, however the fact they would sell them speaks on how they needed money. I don’t think what they did was right, however they should still be able to get another job.
Who doesn't want 100/300k ? lol who wouldn't want 3k a week with selling a few paintings lol. If you steal or pull this shit/ you shouldn't get a job. And the excuse "they needed money" everyone needs it. If we just gonna justify stealing this way we can better fire all the police

Who doesn't want 100/300k ? lol who wouldn't want 3k a week with selling a few paintings lol. If you steal or pull this shit/ you shouldn't get a job. And the excuse "they needed money" everyone needs it. If we just gonna justify stealing this way we can better fire all the police
Ye, but they might have been in a situation were the money was really need. I just want to make it clear that I do not support these actions. I just feel sympathetic for them

Mildly interesting to see the cards were printed in Belgium. I know Cartamundi has/had a card printing facility there, but I thought TPCi had their cards printed near exclusively in the US (the Portuguese version of the game being the only exception I knew of).

i disagree. if we get 3 super limited cards per year, i think its awesome. i mean look at any other genre of cards. they all have either serial numbered stuff, or exclusive stuff. why should tpci be any different
Wait that's the perfect solution. Put serial numbers on your promo cards. That way if they get stolen and they show up on eBay you know who did it

It’s very unsurprising to hear that this happened… The fact that the entire event was hosted by the museum and that no one from TPC was there to supervise it, I’m surprised there was only four people caught. I get the feeling that they weren’t the only ones. And I’m echoing what others are saying in that I don’t really blame them for jumping on the chance to make extra money, either. I have no idea how much these people are paid at the Museum but extra cash is extra cash, and I think its worth keeping in mind that as much as I and the person next to me likes Pokemon that alot of people see it as a childrens’ franchise. I can’t expect someone would think they’d lose their job over telling people about, say, Bluey or Spongebob merch info.

Back