• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ursarking

techmek

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering if the below deck would be valid in the current format. Is based around Ursaring Prime and Slowking.

2 Stantler (UL)
4-4 Ursaring Prime (Col Teddiursa)
2-2 Slowking (HGSS) (Undaunted Slowpoke)
2 Mr. Mime Jr. (Col)
2 Cryogonal (NV 32)
16 Pokemon

2 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Plus Power
3 PONT
1 Judge
4 Team Rockets Trickery
4 Energy Exchanger
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Switch
27 Trainers

4 Double Colourless
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Rescue Energy
3 Water Energy

15 Energy

Stratergy is to set-up Ursaring Prime and Slowking then using ursarings top attack and Slowking ability I control what card they get while knocking out pokemon, cryogonal stops donphan which requires littles to no hand to beat ursaring. Mr. Mime jr can be used to control their hand while I set-up another pokemon. If I have 2 slowking in play I can use the secound one to make sure i get the best hand possible. Judge is only in once and should only be used in first or 2nd turn to make them have as small as possible hand for when you start your deck control.

I think there is some things in here that you should think about in here. All of these pokemon are very easily knocked out including Reshiram, Zekrom, and Magnezone. Ursaring does not seem like a great attacker because of its relatively low attacks. 4 stantler are not needed in here because it will probably only be used to set up. Maybe a pichu, or maybe more collectors could help instead of Stantler. Slowking and Mime Jr. are also mainly used in Lost decks and does not seem to fit in with the rest of the deck. I'd suggest adding better attackers and techs in the place of those cards.

^Exactly. In this format this deck might not do as well as you might hope for the reasons stated above (many of the popular pokemon in the format are able to quickly and easily one-hit KO Ursaring). Another thing to watch out for is Pokemon Catcher. It can easily drag up a slowking or and unpowered ursaring and have you waste energies retreating, for this reason you might want to add a few switches.

@Mokoko: He can control if the opponent gets Catcher with Slowking. But Switches aren't a bad idea.

Well you never know, if they have a Magnezone, cleffa, or manaphy, they can refresh their hand and possibly get a catcher.

@ Jirachi the deck is not based around damage, its based around deck control using Hammer Arm to discard the top of their deck while dealing a steady a 90 damage. Mr. Mime Jr also offers this deck control and without Slowking I cannot control what that top card is.

@ Mokoko I do see that I may have problems with Catcher if they get one as such I will remove 2 stantler and add 2 switch

@ 9Tailz Yes i will control what they pick and maybe at some point catcher will be the lesser evil so agreed with yourself and Mokoko switch have been added.

Ursaring will be OHKOd easily due to its low HP, and so it will not be likely that it will be doing a consistent 90 damage. I do not see a need for the energy exchangers because it probably won't be used because most of the energies are DCE or rainbow. If you plan to take away the top card of the deck with mime jr., you might as well include some durant to discard more of the opponent's deck and because there is rainbow energy in this deck.

@ Jirachi I understand the threat of being OHKO'd but I will be dependent on using my deck control to prevent them from setting up to a point where this can happen. Also please correct me if I am wrong but as it does not specify basic energy on energy exchanger I could use it to trade a rainbow energy for a double colourless or vice versa depending on what i need.

I'd suggest cutting maybe some 4 plus powers. Most pokemon will be KOd after two attacks from Ursaring anyways, but most good pokemon will not be OHKOd after using a plus power on one of Ursaring's attacks. It's just my opinion.

@jirachi If i was to remove 4 plus power which where in there to turn his 120 damage attack into a 130 damage attack for getting rid of a dragon if they manage to charge it without charging its outrage (this would lessen my deck control admitedly but give me a prive and remove what ever they had managed to charge up), what should I be looking to replace it with?

Back