Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The next round of Gym promos have been revealed! We don’t know when they’ll release in Japan, but they’ll be given out to competitors at the next Gym tournaments as part of a one-card promo booster pack.
Only Professor Laventon, Ursaluna V, and Hisuian Basculin are new. The rest are alternate art reprints from Time Gazer and Space Juggler.

041519_T_RABENHAKASE-143x200.jpg

041518_P_KOMATANA-143x200.jpg

041517_P_GACHIGUMAV-143x200.jpg

041516_P_ZUGAIDOSU-143x200.jpg

041515_P_TOGECHIKKU-143x200.jpg

041514_P_HISUIBASURAO-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well... That's depressing. Ursaluna, my absolute favorite Pokemon from Arceus ends up with a pretty shoddy looking V as a Gym Promo. No Full Art, no potential Alt... I dunno, I'm usually not a constant hater of 5ban Graphics cards, but they really made Ursaluna look bad. I'm pretty disappointed by this one.

Least I can do is hope for some CHR in an upcoming set, I guess.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Hope the Cranidos and Togetic make it as promos instead of Pawniard and Kricketot. The rest should appear in Lost Origin or maybe the last set since Infernape should be in LO.

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
Well... That's depressing. Ursaluna, my absolute favorite Pokemon from Arceus ends up with a pretty shoddy looking V as a Gym Promo. No Full Art, no potential Alt... I dunno, I'm usually not a constant hater of 5ban Graphics cards, but they really made Ursaluna look bad. I'm pretty disappointed by this one.

Least I can do is hope for some CHR in an upcoming set, I guess.

I was hoping they'd release more SA box promos. Maybe there's an outside shot it would get one there?

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
1. Ursaluna v - hate the design in how you play it. Its all about ohkoing the opponents basic v without taking damage.
That makes it inconsistent as spread/chipdamage nullifies your win condition if u dont run healing. Thats why the ability contradicts the atack as tanking damage might save u from a ko, but u still cant attack. We will not get this card together with a vstar but might get a vstar and a new v later down the road.
Grade: 1/5 as an inconsistent contradicting attacker that cant evolve. 4/5 if it can evolve, useful ability to prevent ohko and the attack allows u to still take a ko if something goes wrong

Basculin - no, we already have the call for family one that also has higher hp. 0/5 in comparison. 3/5 if we don’t compare to the other basculin, but it wont be played

Laventon - expected better of laventon. But should have predicted this. Could have been cool if u could choose between discard pile and deck.
With this text it’s alright. Ordinary rod is rotating and we don’t know what will replace it as item based pokemon retriving. The problem here is being completly outclassed by klara. 1/5

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Hisuian Basculin - just play the Battle Region one. 0
Professor Laventon - okay card. 3 Geodudes
Ursaluna V - like WTH?! Ursaluna has a capability to OHKO almost all Pokemon V... If it is full HP, Hyper Potion won't help you, aside from soon to be rotated, it discards 2 energy per HP. 3-4

ELTRENDY BEAST

Aspiring Trainer
They need to put new people in charge of designing the attacks and abilities of cards. The ratio of good to bad cards is like 1 in 25. The ratio of mid to bad cards is, like, 1 in 10.
Agree. Really sucks seeing your favorite Pokemon always have mediocre cards

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Agree. Really sucks seeing your favorite Pokemon always have mediocre cards
Like some of my absolute favorite Pokemon are Bisharp, Lilligant and Tsareena, and dear lord do their cards suck Like, you couldn't build a bisharp deck if you wanted to! You genuinely couldn't because all of his cards suck! Oh, but some Pokemon get cards allllll the time that are good, great or even just acceptable like mewtwo, charizard, arceus, dialga, zeraora...it's getting horribly repetitive.

thekuhlone

Aspiring Trainer
Like some of my absolute favorite Pokemon are Bisharp, Lilligant and Tsareena, and dear lord do their cards suck Like, you couldn't build a bisharp deck if you wanted to! You genuinely couldn't because all of his cards suck! Oh, but some Pokemon get cards allllll the time that are good, great or even just acceptable like mewtwo, charizard, arceus, dialga, zeraora...it's getting horribly repetitive.
This is a hilarious comment at a time when a fantastic Bisharp and Lilligant have just been revealed, and Tsareena is already a Tier 1-2 deck in Expanded!

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
This is a hilarious comment at a time when a fantastic Bisharp and Lilligant have just been revealed, and Tsareena is already a Tier 1-2 deck in Expanded!
I hope you realize one decent or playable card after, like, 10 bad ones doesn't invalidate my point. I'm not sure if that's what you're saying but I had no clue tsareena v took off, I'm a ptcgo player and even then it's once in a blue moon lol

TheWildAreaTCG

Aspiring Trainer
So this ursaluna v might replace Sandaconda V/VMAX in that Arceus Flygon Sandaconda Beedrill deck that made top 16 at SLC.

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
They need to put new people in charge of designing the attacks and abilities of cards. The ratio of good to bad cards is like 1 in 25. The ratio of mid to bad cards is, like, 1 in 10.
I logged in after a year away from the game to type this reply. I 1000% agree. It's almost insulting to sit here and print promos and chase cards that have the exact same ability and attack effect as another card. It's lazy, uninspired and honestly insulting. Yeah yeah yeah children's TCG and all that but with how useless 95% of these sets are playability wise it's just a waste of paper.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I logged in after a year away from the game to type this reply. I 1000% agree. It's almost insulting to sit here and print promos and chase cards that have the exact same ability and attack effect as another card. It's lazy, uninspired and honestly insulting. Yeah yeah yeah children's TCG and all that but with how useless 95% of these sets are playability wise it's just a waste of paper.
Yeah, it's getting so absurdly repetitive when there's at least 10+ Vs with the "this Pokemon takes 30 less damage from attacks" ability. Anyone remembers actually unique cards like Shuckle GX? Or Metagross GX? Or Scizor GX? Why is the standard for cards with a low pullrate so mediocre? What happened?

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Yeah, it's getting so absurdly repetitive when there's at least 10+ Vs with the "this Pokemon takes 30 less damage from attacks" ability. Anyone remembers actually unique cards like Shuckle GX? Or Metagross GX? Or Scizor GX? Why is the standard for cards with a low pullrate so mediocre? What happened?
Exactly!

Filler cards can actually be fun to play, I was stupid enough to play scizzor gx as a tech at my second ever regional but it was fun!! 😁😜

But I disagre with u on using scizzor gx as it was a soulfoul reprint from scizzor ex over 15 years ago meaning the design of how it worked wasn’t influenced by the current state of affairs