Uri Geller Gives Pokemon Permission to Make Kadabra Cards Again!

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
This is great and perfect timing since we are three months away from the 25th anniversary, so next year I'm sure they will make a special card for Kadabra in due time

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Such good news! Kadabra is one of my faves.
I understand Geller taking offence on a card called "evil Geller", TPC should have been more careful with the word choice. Banning Kadabra for 20 years seems a bit excesive, however, Japan is a different culture that takes offences differently.
I am so happy Kadabra can go back to the roster now!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I am so pleased that we will be getting Kadabra cards again. I've been petitioning for this on Change.org's site.

Last edited:

Deltaphox

Aspiring Trainer
Something tells me TPC is still going to refuse to print Kadabra, fearing a change of heart.
Or to be as petty as this guy was about the whole thing in the first place

Took him f u c k i n g long enough.
Yeah it takes 20 years to grow up I guess

Wow. Didn't think I'd ever be seeing this.

Finally, we might be able to get more actual regular Alakazam cards again! No getting around the Kadabra stage like that one Diamond and Pearl era one (though that was creative), and not just Ultra Rares. I can't believe it!

If that ends up being the case, this is really nice to hear as someone who really likes the Abra line.
I never thought I’d see the day someone dropped a petty lawsuit 20 years later

“It will probably be one of the rarest cards now!”

is he reaching or has this been his plan all along? Don’t print kadabra and give him the satisfaction of being some savior or hero after twenty years of doing nothing but being petty!

you’ve lived without kadabra for twenty years and most of you weren’t playing or collecting at the time.
Has anyone really missed kadabra other than the obscure people here always on the forums loving living breathing Pokemon 24/7. Honestly who even noticed him missing? With 90o dang Pokemon and counting I think we can forget one and move on so this guy gains no more fame for this infamous lawsuit 20 years ago. Do you really buy that whole line of crap that his sweet grandchildren talked sense into him to let something go he’s been holding into for 20 years? You think a bunch of Pokémon fans harassing him which they’ve done for years about this changed his mind suddenly? WAKE UP!!! This guy is in the for the notoriety. This feels like a martyr not a suddenly realizes the errors of my way kind of situation. 20 years. 20 YEARS, he kept the hold on the name. And says he will graciously accept money from Nintendo but then will turn around and donate it. This guy is selling and I’m not buying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
“It will probably be one of the rarest cards now!”

is he reaching or has this been his plan all along? Don’t print kadabra and give him the satisfaction of being some savior or hero after twenty years of doing nothing but being petty!

you’ve lived without kadabra for twenty years and most of you weren’t playing or collecting at the time.
Has anyone really missed kadabra other than the obscure people here always on the forums loving living breathing Pokemon 24/7. Honestly who even noticed him missing? With 90o dang Pokemon and counting I think we can forget one and move on so this guy gains no more fame for this infamous lawsuit 20 years ago. Do you really buy that whole line of crap that his sweet grandchildren talked sense into him to let something go he’s been holding into for 20 years? You think a bunch of Pokémon fans harassing him which they’ve done for years about this changed his mind suddenly? WAKE UP!!! This guy is in the for the notoriety. This feels like a martyr not a suddenly realizes the errors of my way kind of situation. 20 years. 20 YEARS, he kept the hold on the name. And says he will graciously accept money from Nintendo but then will turn around and donate it. This guy is selling and I’m not buying.
Now, don't get me wrong-I agree this should have never been an issue in the first place. It was a stupid lawsuit.

But, I don't know if it's anything to get too mad over at this point. I feel like in this context a lot of people really don't care about Uri Geller. They're just happy to see Kadabra back, myself included. I don't really think I'm going to be going around praising him every time a new Kadabra card gets printed, if it happens. I'm just happy that there's finally some sort of resolution, no matter the context or reason.

And, I really can't tell if you mean this or not, but are you saying "I don't want them to print anymore Kadabra cards despite the fact that it's most likely possible again, simply so Geller doesn't get any satisfaction"? Genuinely curious here, or if you're talking in the past tense.

Last edited:

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I think Pokemon is going to be extra, extra cautious about this and we might not really see anything substantial come from this for some time. When I heard about the news, I initially thought Geller would have some ulterior motive behind such move, but I'm hopeful it's genuinely a change of heart.

Glad our boy is free!!

Deltaphox

Aspiring Trainer
Now, don't get me wrong-I agree this should have never been an issue in the first place. It was a stupid lawsuit.

But, I don't know if it's anything to get too mad over at this point. I feel like in this context a lot of people really don't care about Uri Geller. They're just happy to see Kadabra back, myself included. I don't really think I'm going to be going around praising him every time a new Kadabra card gets printed, if it happens. I'm just happy that there's finally some sort of resolution, no matter the context or reason.

And, I really can't tell if you mean this or not, but are you saying "I don't want them to print anymore Kadabra cards despite the fact that it's most likely possible again, simply so Geller doesn't get any satisfaction"? Genuinely curious here, or if you're talking in the past tense.
Yes, live without kadabra and live without that guy acting like he’s doing us a favor

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Yes, live without kadabra and live without that guy acting like he’s doing us a favor
Why? What's the point?? The entire reason people wanted Kadabra back was... To get Kadabra back. I really see no need for additional pettiness at this point.

But, I dunno about you, I'll agree any day that the lawsuit was stupid and should have never happened, but I'm also not one for grudges in most cases. I really don't care at this point, since I, and a lot of other people got the result they wanted. To me at that point there's no need to waste anymore energy on it. I'm just going to enjoy seeing Kadabra again if they print it in the future, and I'm happy for people who have been wanting this. I don't have any reason to go beyond that.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
They better make sure there is a Kadabra ultra promo box that features all closing Kadabra reprints and new ones.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
OK.

20 years of purgatory is enough punishment for Kadabra, as well as the fans, because a couple months before the suit, this portrait(thanks, Bulbapedia, as that card image was not only impossible to find on the Pokebeach site but cannot even be accessed by means of the "Sets" drop-down as well) was created unaware of the facts, a portrait that could have been cited as evidence when that whole debacle started a couple months after release of the Jap-exclusive "Expanded Sheet 3".

^ Don't repeat the same mistake in that portrait, Pokemon, and maybe another Uri lawsuit isn't likely to come your way!

Anyway, I'm glad that Kadabra is officially not grounded anymore. Now, Pokemon, make a Kadabra again, but this time, watch the card image. Don't disappoint us by giving us a card image that paints a portrait of someone outside your business without their prior say-so. Remember what you can and can't portray, apply and demonstrate what you learned about what stuff is allowed on a card image, and we'll all be happy! :)

Last edited:

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually not too worried, unless they make a "Dark/Evil Kadabra" again. Although I would love to have Dark/Light Pokémon again, wasn't this the cause rather than any image?

Also, he's 73 now. Maybe he'll become 100 years old, but even if not, I would be surprised if his children/heirs would start a new lawsuit against Kadabra cards, because I expect the Pokémon TCG to be around longer than he is still alive.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Rather than slagging off Uri Geller, we can just be thankful that Uri Geller had a change of heart. It's now up to Nontendo and Pokémon to deliver the Kadabra card. I've always wanted to use a Kadabra card in my deck.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Interesting thing to note here, the speed at which we get the next Kadabra card could help us determine the length of design-to-printing process. If, in the most extreme scenario, we get a Kadabra next set, then this process is extremely short (which would explain a couple of things, but it's very unlikely). If the company is determined to act immediately on that promise, regularly we can expect the next Kadabra card to drop around a year from now.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I think the biggest hold-up for the card production process is the artwork, unless they would just slap some Kadabra Sugimori art on a generic background that some intern found on Google.