URGENT!!! problems facing tyranitar.

mattlax

Mewtwo's best friend
i have cities this sunday and im going to use kingdra ( i have nothing else) and my match up against my friends t-tar who is going to the CC'c is impossible to win. i have no idea how to beat it does any one have any suggestions on how to make this match up easier? thanks .

you have issues with your consistency
that's why.
you need to post ur deck;list and if u dont wanna post it, pm it to me and ill fix it for you

^WHAT??? lol. Anyways, you need to rip early kingdras and make sure you hit the weavile for 20 whenever you can (If you have to warp, do it). That weavile needs to die quickly or else its not good for you.

ok here it is

4-3-4 kingdra
2-2 claydol
1 lunatone

17 water energys

3 roseannes
4 bebes
4 felicitys
4 plus power
2 TM ts 1
1 TM ts 2
2 warp point
3 night maintenance
4 rare candy

that's my list.
^ ( he doesnt play weavile he plays sableye.)

Fapitz said:
you have issues with your consistency
that's why.
you need to post ur deck;list and if u don't wanna post it, pm it to me and ill fix it for you

That's stupid. Just because it loses to a deck it's inconsistant? You seem rather uneducated about PTCG.
I seriously doubt you could 'fix' his decklist. You don't know his metagame, who and what he tests against, nor how to get your head off your shoulders.

Anyway, Machamp DP tech helps I think. Just put 1 or 2 multi in there, and after a KO it's 1 energy for 100 damage to the T-Tar. Or a OHKO against Darkrai.

See you at CC's mate ;D

O_O what? lol anyways, you need at least 2 uxie in here. Lunatone is not that great in here (I see how it would, but he takes up bench and deck space).
-1 luneatone, -1 energy, -2 tm 1, -1 tm 2, -1 nm, +2 uxie, +1 roseanne's, +1 warp point, +1 luxury ball, +1 uxie level x (if you can), claydol (if you want), OR you can drop a seadra and add in a 1-1 tech line of dusknoir/alakazam/something else (not sure what else there is for kingdra...I guess amphy could be okay).

Foxtrot said:
O_O what? lol anyways, you need at least 2 uxie in here. Lunatone is not that great in here (I see how it would, but he takes up bench and deck space).
-1 luneatone, -1 energy, -2 tm 1, -1 tm 2, -1 nm, +2 uxie, +1 roseanne's, +1 warp point, +1 luxury ball, +1 uxie level x (if you can), claydol (if you want), OR you can drop a seadra and add in a 1-1 tech line of dusknoir/alakazam/something else (not sure what else there is for kingdra...I guess amphy could be okay).

How does that help the T-Tar match-up? Also, with Lunatone's discard power, discard from retreat, discard 2 from attack, on the 4th turn he can use Aqua Stream for 140. It stays, I say. Plus it helps against Dusknoir Lv.X.

He runs 17 energy. If he can ripe that kind of crap t4 with the list, I'd shot myself. It's not happening constantly ever. Sorry. And I already explained most of the cards (uxie=speed, roseanne's=consistancy, warp=winning the matchup, luxury ball=...duh, and the rest are explained/common sence). None of them (besides maybe dusknoir) help him win the matchup directly, but they help alot indirectly.

Foxtrot said:
He runs 17 energy. If he can ripe that kind of crud t4 with the list, I'd shot myself. It's not happening constantly ever. Sorry. And I already explained most of the cards (uxie=speed, roseanne's=consistancy, warp=winning the matchup, luxury ball=...duh, and the rest are explained/common sence). None of them (besides maybe dusknoir) help him win the matchup directly, but they help alot indirectly.

It may not happen consitently, but it can still happen, and it definitely helps when it does. More importantly however, what can actually help the match-up? Any suggestions? He doesn't need speed, so Uxie's aren't needed, 3 Roseanne's is enough, but I have to agree 1 Luxury Ball and another Warp Point could help.

No, Foxtrot is right. Uxie and Roseanne's is needed to drag in cards as fast and as quickly as possible. A 4th Roseanne's may work.

Im sorry but out of what every one has said i dont understand how it helps my tyranitar matchup.

^And is unfortunately a Stage 2.

Uxie and Roseanne's just makes your deck faster, thus letting you plow over T-Tar (and other decks) much more quickly.

From my experience playing at least 1 good T-Tar deck (several times), the quicker you can get you're setup the better - build and hit before he has built up the T-Tar. Like has been said - Uxie and Rosanne's will help with this. Once T-tar is out and on the bench you need to hit him there so poke's with spead and snipe's could help. Also, you mentioned he uses Sableye, I assume as a starter, if you can, KO his Sableye early to slow him down. Also since his starter is Sableye (and I am not sure this is the best idea) you may need some stronger basic's with higher HP for starters; Sableye can always go first and can OHKO almost all your baskics with a special dark attached; starter basics such as Farfetch or even Sableye might help or it may just confuse/slow things down...I'm not sure. For water type starters you could test some starters like Lapras-GE, Manaphy-MD/DP, or Delibird-GE. I've never played with a serious Kingdra deck though so who knows these may be horible ideas - I would think they would be worth testing though. Adding in Palkia-GE and a Palkia LvX may be fun too - KO his Claydol or emerging T-Tar's, you may have to add some switches though or a Mantine - Kindra's all about discarding energy though so retreat with a discard may not be a problem...

Thanks for the suggestions, i like the palkia idea but if they bring up my claydol then im a bit screwed. thanks for the help though

if your telling him to take out lunatone than he has to put in dawn stadium because once dusky X is out he is doomed

mattlax said:
Thanks for the suggestions, I like the palkia idea but if they bring up my claydol then im a bit screwed. thanks for the help though

Don't use the power unless you can retreat or switch Claydol since Claydol is the most likely choice when he is out.

hi guys i came second with my kingdra list today:D, i put in the extra roseannes and an uxie and they both really helped alot thanks for your help.( i also managed to beat the T-tar) thanks again.

Back