• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

(Updated) Reuniclus, Reshiram, and Zekrom

SudsyMantis

Aspiring Trainer
So I'm relatively new to the Pokemon TCG, and I've never gone to, nor competed in, any tournaments. But I was browsing different Pokemon cards the other night looking for a new deck idea, when I came across Reuniclus. For those that don't know, his Damage Swap ability allows you to move damage counters from one Pokemon to another Pokemon as many times as you like during your turn. This is my deck list. Also, i'd like to mention that some cards may not be legal in the modified format, and if they aren't suggestions on what I could replace them with would be great.

Pokemon - 26
4 - Reshiram
4 - Zekrom
2 - Solosis
1 - Duosis
2 - Reuniclus
2 - Chansey from HG-SS
2 - Blissey Prime
2 - Snivy
2 - Serperior (Royal Heal)
2 - Oddish
1 - Gloom
2 - Vileplume

Supporters - 7
4 - Pokemon Collectors
3 - Cheren

Trainers - 12
4 - Rare Candy
4 - Energy Search
4 - Pokemon Communication

Energies - 15
5 - Lightning
5 - Fire
2 - Rainbow
3 - Double Colorless

I would also like to say, just so there's no confusion, that I don't have Dusclops and Servine in here because getting them out aren't a main priority, but having their evolutions are good techs for the deck. So i have Rare Candies to replace them, which I can also use on Solosis if Duosis gets prized. But, I digress.
Typically, I'd have Reshiram or Zekrom out as my active, and one on the bench ready to hold 10 damage counters, moved to them by Reuniclus. Serperior is a tech that I added in after a few uses, realizing that I needed some way to get rid of all the damage counters I'm piling up onto my own Pokemon. Dusknoir level X is another tech that I can also use to get rid of damage counters, putting 13 of them on him before I switch him out with my active. He gets killed, and becomes a stadium to help me deal more damage each turn. Blissey is yet another high HP Pokemon that I use as a tech to remove all damage counters from the bench sitters I've piled them on if it gets to be too much damage. I'm going to stop here, though. This became a bit longer than expected, and I apologize. But, like I said, ANY suggestions would be very helpful, and much appreciated.
=] Thanks

RE: Reuniclus, Reshiram, and Zekrom - Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated

Any deck with Reuniclus needs to have Trainer Lock in the form of Vileplume or Gothitelle. It's such a frail Stage 2 and once it goes down, so does your whole strategy even if it's unlimited.

That's a great suggestion. I didn't think about Catchers at all. But, at the same time, I feel like I'd have to run Vilelock, because the deck is based around moving my damage counters for an Outrage. So going with your suggestion, I'd add in another Reshiram and Zekrom, a Vileplume line, and get rid of trainers to put them in. Gothitelle is a great card, because it allows you to be able to use your own trainers, unlike Vileplume, but Gothitelle has to be active. Any ideas of what can be taken from the trainers and supporters to make this work?

Please add Unlimited into the thread title because this is an Unlimited deck.

I've updated the deck list to add in Vileplume, and I'm pretty sure the deck is now up to date in the modified format. If it still isn't can someone let me know what cards aren't?

Hmm, I hate the T/S/S line, try this as a skeleton....

3 or 4 PONT
2 dual ball
3 or 4 communication
2 elms training
3 rare candy
2 or 3 seeker
2 or 3 juniper

This is a skeleton, in theory you don't want to hemorrhage trainer's in a trainer lock deck as well as having a valid option to get rid of the trainer's to open you're hand to new possibility's after trainer lock is setup, seeker is to heal with trainer lock as setting up an evolution format like blissey is to tedious and slow after trainer lock, even in this format, and the reason why people put dragons in they're trainer lock deck's. Also question, what the point of having serperior if you trainer lock yourself before having the chance of playing it? This also in thoery slows down trainer lock giving it another process to slow down from, reducing it to a meer t4.

Serperior is another one of those things that I'd highly considering taking out. I didn't really think about it ahead of time, and put it in thinking it'd be a good way to get rid of damage counters every turn. But, the more I play this deck with friends, the more I realize that I don't really ever even use him...

Back