• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Unwavering Blade (M Gallade EX / Forretress)

Snyder005

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 16
  • 3 - Gallade EX
  • 3 - M Gallade EX
  • 3 - Pineco
  • 3 - Forretress
  • 1 - Wobbuffet
  • 1 - Deoxys
  • 1 - Sigilyph
  • 1 - Absol
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums - 34
  • 4 - N
  • 4 - Professor Sycamore
  • 2 - Lysandre
  • 1 - AZ
  • 1 - Colress
  • 4 - Ultra Ball
  • 3 - Gallade Spirit Link
  • 1 - Professor's Letter
  • 1 - Startling Megaphone
  • 2 - VS Seeker
  • 2 - Escape Rope
  • 2 - Mega Turbo
  • 3 - Super Scoop Up
  • 1 - Scoop Up Cyclone
  • 3 - Dimension Valley
Energy
  • 10 - Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Basic strategy is to use Forretress' Thorn Tempest ability to place a damage counter on all my opponent's Pokemon to set up a big Unwavering Blade attack by M Gallade EX. Deoxys provides a good Safeguard counter and 1st turn draw option. Wobbuffet is a strong back-up attacker and good counter to Rayquaza decks, blocking Shaymin and Exeggcute's abilities, and benefits from the constant spread damage.

I run several Escape Ropes and Lysandre to force my opponent to switch and spread damage more. Scoop Ups are to reuse Forretress' ability.

Last edited:
This list looks to be pretty good. The only thing I could suggest is maybe remove either wobbuffet or deoxys to add two of the RSK absol. this allows you to put mor pressure on some of your opponents more important pokemon.

This list looks to be pretty good. The only thing I could suggest is maybe remove either wobbuffet or deoxys to add two of the RSK absol. this allows you to put mor pressure on some of your opponents more important pokemon.

I concur. I think more or less the Wobbuffet should be taken out. If you try to use Forretress while Wobbuffet is you active, his ability won't trigger :/

What would you do for N and Colress when the new rotation kicks in? Shauna? Birch's observation?

I made some minor modifications, opting for 1 Absol and 1 Sigilyph. I kept the Wobuffet since it is a great revenge attacker. I am wondering if Mystery Energy would be good in this deck.

As for after rotation, I would most likely replace N and Colress with Shauna, and maybe add a few of the new Ace Trainer. Usually this deck works by being behind on prizes, and then having a huge 4 prize turn, so Ace Trainer would be great to cripple my opponent's hand and then jump into the lead.

Back