Ruling Unown G Vs. Mismagius SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Of Mew

Gone
If I have an Unown G attached to one of my pokemon and me or my opponent uses Mismagius's crash chant can unown g be discarded?

For clarification:
If Unown G is attached to a Pokemon while the opponent uses the crash, none of the cards can be discarded from that Pokemon.

But Kaga, wasn't there an errata saying that Unown G was affected by your own Pokemon's attack?

Oooh, you're right. I missed an important word in the original question. :(

You can discard your own Unown G (and anything else on the same Pokemon). Unown G only protects you from effects of your opponent's attacks, not your own. (That was the errata Zyflair mentioned.)

Wow that really makes thing interesting I will be sure to take that with me incase I run into this confusing problem.

Thank you both for you help on this.

About that: Unown G Prevents all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to that POKEMON. and Mismagius says choose up to 4 in any combination of Pokemon TOOL cards. Please someone tell me where it says that mismagius is actually targeting the POKEMON for the attack? and therefore cancels out the attack? Unknown G protects the pokemon it's attacked to, not itself.

I went and asked it on the professor forum, and the answer I got is:

"Mismagius cannot do anything to your opponent's pokemon with Unown G attached"

Kinda like Pachirisu vs. Unown G. It does do the 40 damage, but doesn't discard the Unown.

MyNameIsDominic said:
About that: Unown G Prevents all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to that POKEMON. and Mismagius says choose up to 4 in any combination of Pokemon TOOL cards. Please someone tell me where it says that mismagius is actually targeting the POKEMON for the attack? and therefore cancels out the attack? Unknown G protects the pokemon it's attacked to, not itself.

I had that same way of thinking at first untill I really thought about it. Mismagius can do nothing to a Pokemon with Unown G attached, end of story.

Also, I can see that you're new, but do not post in a thread in which the most recent post is over 2 weeks old. *Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back