Unoriginality

vanderbilt_grad said:
Overall I find the forums here more friendly and helpful.  The Gym has some great stuff too and I go there a lot too ... but the two are very different in terms of personality and content.
yes I agree though...it is more friendly here but a lot of people ask for decklist here than the gym.
Also to Monster...I am on this site because I get bored...plus I do like to help people with there decks which tons of people here need help with that...not trying to sound mean here LOL.

vanderbilt_grad said:
And it’s worth pointing out that some folks may NEVER be able to learn how to build a really good deck ... or they might develop into amazing deckbuilders but have terrible gameplay skills.

The second ones me! :p (minus the amazing:D)

Note that some people don't do competitive play so much and rather to use ORIGIONALITY as there source of fun. I literally can't play more than 10 games in one day...I would die of boredom, but give me the Modified Cardex and I'll sit there for days....and there is another reason to being the way I am: There is no way I would spend hundreds of dollars (50 would be pushing it...) to build a deck that will go out of format in 1 or 2 years...then sitting to gather dust. Course sometimes I venture into unlimited...but modified is more "exciting." Therefore I build low budget, but create without limitations! Mixed emotions on that subject....not sure which smily face to use:p

i only sometimes do this but i search for a decklist and change at least 40% of it
because i dont seem to know how the pros play it
i chuck in my own ways and i usually win! :)

Sort of Off topic: I just find a deck Idea I like, make it as good as I can then get it "polished" or so to speak and I'm good. Though I've been better making decks this year now that I know better ways to make them work.

On Topic: It sickens me but it will never end. If it works the idea is taken (which is why I only tell my friends my deck to get help) and it's stupid. I saw not 5 not 6 but like 15 Metanite decks at my states which is why none of them made it to top 4 in my age group. People end up with nearly the same deck and then it's quikest set up. My point is those that take the cheap way probably won't win.

Back