• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Unlimited - Wave Maker (Wigglytuff/Hitmonchan)

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
3 Scyther (Jungle)
2 Electabuzz (Base)
4 Hitmonchan (Base)
4 Jigglypuff (Jungle)
3 Wigglytuff (Jungle)
2 Prof. Oak
3 Bill
4 Energy Search
4 Energy Removal
4 Scoop Up
4 PlusPower
4 Gust of Wind
3 Lightning Energy
12 Fighting Energy
4 DCE

This deck is just for fun, as it can't be played in any legal tournaments since it runs Unlimited cards. It's basically a Haymaker deck modified with Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff from Jungle. I took out the Base set Machop that were usually in Haymakers and chiseled the number of Electabuzz and Scyther down to 2 and 3, respectively. The deck's main strategy is to hit hard with a low energy cost (something that was somewhat rare during the TCG's first sets) and to knock out the opponent's basic Pokemon before they can evolve.

Scyther is a good Pokemon to start with if you draw it in the first hand since it has a 0 retreat cost. It's also a good counter to Fighting types. Hitmonchan is also a good starter. Attach 1 F energy and do 20 on the spot. In the meantime, put Jigglypuff on the bench, pile some more Pokemon on your bench, and send out Wiggles to crush the opponent with an attack that deals 60 for 3 energy.

Gust of Wind comes in handy to pull out the weak opponents and knock them out before they can evolve. If you receive too many hits, use Scoop Up to put the Pokemon back into your hand. PlusPower adds just a little more oomph to knock out an opponent.

I don't really know how this would do against a Modified/legal deck, but this is one of the decks I ran more than a decade ago at my Pokemon League, and it's one I currently use in the Pokemon TCG for GameBoy. :p If anyone has ever run a similar Haymaker deck I'd like your input. Thanks!

going with the old fashioned haymaker style
have you ever considered using computer search, it allows you to search your deck for any card in exchange of discarding 2 cards and you should also think about using item finder because it lets you search your discard for a trainer by discarding 2 cards
and i dont think this deck would do very well against todays decks because it is to slow and doesnt do enough damage (3 energy for 30 damage is to low)

Yeah I've run Comp. Search in Haymaker decks. I could probably take out 2 Energy Search and put in 2 Comp. Search.

to be honest, electabuzz is more effective then scyther, and usually you want more electabuzz to use him for you're setup to disrupt you're opponent's active first hand.

Back