Ruling "Unlimited" Question

Silver_Cyh

er... Hello?
Pokemon Cards before the Expedition Set has "Pokemon-Power" as the "Poke-power" or "Poke-body" for the Cards today.

Take an example, Meganium from Neo Genesis has the "Pokemon-Power" which written as - <all G energy attached to your Pokemon now provide GG>. This effect is a continuous effect.

If I have a Shiftry ex from CG, can I put 2 damage counter on Meganium once my opponent's turn?(Put 2 damage when his/her turn comes)

if you look at the Body's its an effect that kep going, have a look at the Powers, then you see its or a effect that comes in working when set on the bench or cant be used when its affacted by a special condition. so IMO if its with -on the bench- or -cant be used if affected by special cindition-, Yes

This is taken from the old Compendium, I hope it helps. If it doesn't then i'll ask a few people to get a confirmed answer since I can't remember.

Old Compendium said:
Q. [There is] Some confusion on the Boards about Pokemon Power, Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies. Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies are sub categories of Pokemon Powers.
A. Correct. (May 22, 2003 WotC Chat, Q1670)

Q. Do older effects that target "Pokemon Powers" also effect both the new"Poke-POWERs" and "Poke-BODYs"?
A. Yes they do. (May 22, 2003 WotC Chat, Q1658)

Q. For the E-cards that target only Poke-POWERS, do they also target Pokemon Powers?What about E-cards that target only Poke-BODYs? Do they also target the older PokemonPowers?
A. No they do not. As previously stated, anything that effects Pokemon Powers (like Sputter [Magby]) affects both Poke-POWERs and Poke-BODYs. It does NOT work in reverse. (May22, 2003 WotC Chat, Q1680)

RE:  "Unlimited" Question

Abhorsen said:
This is taken from the old Compendium, I hope it helps. If it doesn't then i'll ask a few people to get a confirmed answer since I can't remember.

Old Compendium said:
Q. [There is] Some confusion on the Boards about Pokemon Power, Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies. Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies are sub categories of Pokemon Powers.
A. Correct. (May 22, 2003 WotC Chat, Q1670)

Q. Do older effects that target "Pokemon Powers" also effect both the new"Poke-POWERs" and "Poke-BODYs"?
A. Yes they do. (May 22, 2003 WotC Chat, Q1658)

Q. For the E-cards that target only Poke-POWERS, do they also target Pokemon Powers?What about E-cards that target only Poke-BODYs? Do they also target the older PokemonPowers?
A. No they do not. As previously stated, anything that effects Pokemon Powers (like Sputter [Magby]) affects both Poke-POWERs and Poke-BODYs. It does NOT work in reverse. (May22, 2003 WotC Chat, Q1680)
I just read what the old one says....& it's what Abhorsen said. (thanx for that as well)

Back