'Unified Minds,' August's SM11 Set!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
They gonna need to put Birds-GX in like size four font if they wanna fit that name up top

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Sounds fun, I'm excited to see some of the new TTGXs that have yet to be announced.

These sets getting larger and larger though do bring something up for me though-I do hope though that Sword and Shield sets don't have these obscene amounts of cards in them. Less set filler please, we really don't need stupid things like Full Art items and Rainbows that just completely blow up a set's size.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Nine Pokémon GX in the set, so probably we will get Starmie-Gx and Onix-GX, as well the cards from the Battle Decks.
If no, they will either release those cards in a mini set like Shining Legends, or we'll never get them.

Pone

Delta Species is best species
They gonna need to put Birds-GX in like size four font if they wanna fit that name up top
They may also do three GXes with two of the legendary birds each, kinda like they did in Unleashed for the legendary beasts.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Sounds fun, I'm excited to see some of the new TTGXs that have yet to be announced.

These sets getting larger and larger though do bring something up for me though-I do hope though that Sword and Shield sets don't have these obscene amounts of cards in them. Less set filler please, we really don't need stupid things like Full Art items and Rainbows that just completely blow up a set's size.
TPC: What’s that? Keep those unnecessary rarities AND add even more? And start pumping out two sets each month to really make sets bloated overseas? You got it!!

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Not a big fan of the 200+ card sets and how they lead to card price volatility. Getting a specific card becomes highly improbable via buying boosters, so the fallback becomes buying it on TCGPlayer, which is perfectly fine by itself. But if that card is popular in the Meta, the card instantly becomes expensive (Supply and Demand 101.) Ahem, Jirachi.

Fairie Alolan Ninetales GX is a pointed example - the Full Art shot up to $40+ within weeks of release ... only to crash to $20 (as of now, and dropping) as Jirachi in the very next set mostly replaced FAN GX in the Meta. The regular GX also has volatile numbers.

Two bad results with the 200+ card sets:
1. paying $40 for any card, or anything more than $20. Some of us have kids, who like to play Rayquaza and CakePop - Argh.
2. paying that much (or trading) for a card that plummets in price a few months later when the next set comes out.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Oh, now I can complete the sentence.

“So far, Unified Minds looks like the Crimson Invasion if recent sets.”

There, I feel better.

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
Has anyone noticed that the only 3 lightning type Pokémon with a special card in Sun and Moon excluding gen 1 or legendaries are Vikavolt, Ampharos, and Dedenne. I mean that worse than XY which had 7 (actually a high amount considering how bad lighting types were back then) I mean, they should at least make one Lightning type TTGX that doesn’t have Pikachu or Raichu in it

Last edited:

KentGardner

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my, so much here

I hope the mew/mewtwo artwork on the FA is incredible
I hope the etb sleeves artwork is amazing and dice are a cool color
I hope they are on a packart so that they make them into a playmat

Don’t disappoint tpci!

boyishgoodlooks

Aspiring Trainer
and another set with 200 plus cards, PTC is getting serious on this avalanche of cards

It is getting out of hand, how many of the 200+ cards every get played? There is way too much bulk in these sets. I hope bulk rates go up because it won’t be long before me get a 300 card set. Better grab some more pages for the binder.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Has anyone noticed that the only 3 lightning type Pokémon with a special card in Sun and Moon excluding gen 1 or legendaries are Vikavolt, Ampharos, and Dedenne. I mean that worse than XY which had 7 (actually a high amount considering how bad lighting types were back then) I mean, they should at least make one Lightning type TTGX that doesn’t have Pikachu or Raichu in it

"Excluding Gen 1 or legendaries" ... well it's not exactly hard to say there's no results when there's such restricting parameters. Other than one of the Oricorio forms and Togedemaru, Vikavolt is the only new Electric Pokemon in Gen 7 when you discard Tapu Koko and Xurkitree for being "legendaries" and Alolan Raichu and Alolan Golem for being "Gen 1," otherwise 5/7 of the new Electric Pokemon in SM actually did get GX cards.

Electric isn't a very big type to begin with and Gen 1 and Legendaries are a big chunk of what we do have regardless of the TCG, not to mention "Pikachu-derived rodents" is also a group of its own.