Ruling Undevelop

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
The new power for Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon says you may devolve Eevee. My question is can you evolve eevee in the same turn you Undevelop since Eevee is technically a new pokemon?

No, you cannot. I just got the ruling today, actually. When you use Undevelop, basically, it counts as if you were playing Eevee from your hand. It is a new Pokemon, and cannot evolve until at least one turn has gone by. Not to fear, though, ther'es always BTS :)

trevorispro said:
actually it was explained to me that de-evolving counts as evolving.

Eh, I guess that works too. That's probably the right explanation, anyway. Sounds better to me.

Yeah it's the same as evolution in that you can't legally do it again in the same turn without the effect of another card.
So you CAN'T devolve and then evolve because that's like trying to evolve your Basic into a Stage 1, and then into a Stage 2 all in the same turn without the use of BTS.

Let's say BTS is in play. Can you devolve eevee, evolve it again, then devolve it again, and so on and so forth?

If so, is there any viable use for such a loop?

Its still up in the air, surprisingly, given how Broken Time-Space specifically says pokemon that just got into play. I'll update once we have a definite ruling.

Lou Cypher said:
Its still up in the air, surprisingly, given how Broken Time-Space specifically says pokemon that just got into play. I'll update once we have a definite ruling.

It also mentions a Pokemon that just evolved that turn. Devolving should be similar enough to evolving in that you would be able to use BTS to evolve a newly devolved Eevee again.

Also, one post I remember Kaga making either on Beach or on Gym was him saying that BTS essentially removes all restrictions on evolution. But still, take all of this with a grain of salt, considering we need the Rules Team to weigh in on RR stuff yet.

The rules sheet for judging prerelease was that you can only devolve and then evolve on the same turn if you have something that circumvents the normal evolutionary rules (i.e. Rare Candy or BTS).

festizzio said:
Let's say BTS is in play. Can you devolve eevee, evolve it again, then devolve it again, and so on and so forth?

If so, is there any viable use for such a loop?

Well, you should NOT use the loop if Dark Ampharos is in play.

And I believe that you can loop evolve-devolve.

Chain reaction WotC Eevee promo combos quite nicely.

Rules Team has ruled that Broken Time Space will allow you devolve and evolve Flareon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, and Jolteon.

Back