'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
People saying it's not good, but have you considered with Honchcrow and stone with it, the same might happen to this? Getting this card turn one anyone? Or multiple turn one?

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
Bodybuilding dumbbells or fairy charms, max potions, Shaymins on bench... lots of fun possibilities with this one!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Whimsicott-GX - Having bad HP for Stage 1 GX and a weakness which is unprevalent unless Melcario saw play, this opens combos for Whimsicott, the ability is repetitive so as the GX atk, but the main atk, we have Triple Boost Energy and Mina to accel energy, Ribombee in order not get drgged,so many tools for Fairy types. We don't need to worry about Gardevoir leaving the format next rotation. 4 Geodudes

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I mean it ain't the worst GX we've had.

I guess I could see this being played with the new Porygon-Z with DCE and Triple Boost but it has an incredibly low HP

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Since you are not OHKOing anything really with Whimsicott-GX, I feel like that Wonder Labyrinth ♢ is a good pick for it. That, alongside the ability, should give you more room to get several attacks in before Whimsicott goes down.

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
I think the damage here can actually accelerate faster than many are thinking. Between Porygon Z and Triple Boost Energy, this thing could take an OHKO out of nowhere. Up until rotation you can also mix in DCE for more long-lasting damage numbers.

It may not be it's own deck, but if you build it right it could still be pretty powerful.

Wechselbalg

brb
Seems kinda...random? The ability, attack and GX-attack don't seem to have much synergy with each other. I get it that the ability is supposed to protect it but ehh it's a coin flip. I guess it fits into a fairy toolbox type deck...sort of? Idk what to make of this really, comes off as filler GX.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting card, I feel like it could see play with the Sylveon Gardevoir GX because Slyvoir accelerates energy to the bench and plays Mina

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Seems kinda...random? The ability, attack and GX-attack don't seem to have much synergy with each other. I get it that the ability is supposed to protect it but ehh it's a coin flip. I guess it fits into a fairy toolbox type deck...sort of? Idk what to make of this really, comes off as filler GX.

One reason could be that Pokémon-card.com intended Whimsicott GX to be used as a tech in Gardevoir & Sylveon GX decks. It could be used to search out needed cards and used as a cleaner late in the match to enable the deck to achieve ohkos with Tripple Boost Energy and the accelerated energies from Gardevoir & Sylveon GX.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Combo this in gardevoir with the tag team gx of gardevoir in the deck, and you have a set of possibilities laid out. I wonder if anyone will try it.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
I love the artwork! The ability is cool, but the attacks are underwhelming.
I kind of disagree. Similar to gardevoir, this thing uses energy, and with the new items can hit hard. The GX attack can also help in finding cards for other Pokémon .

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Whimsicott doesn't seem great, but it could be alright with the right meta. If PikaRom's popularity ever fades, it has decent matchups against ZoroRoc, Ultra Malamar, and Zapdos.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well, we have just one spot left to get a Cofagrigus GX or a Goodra GX...

Or Darmanitan!! It is double BLAZE after all. Right? And if they did Whimsicott they can do anyone, Right? Hahaaaa my favorite pokemon will never get an ultra will it I'm desperate