Unanswered Questions in Life

What is the Purpose of meaning?

Why do buns come in 8 but hotdogs come in 10?

Why did Homer get dumber as the Simpsons kept going?

I can answer all these questions for you:

1. Without meaning or purpose, or purpose of meaning, there wouldn't be live. And with out live, there wouldn't be hot buns or dogs.
2. Because I just ate two buns?
3. Perhaps we can answer this question with another question: How much Duff Beer did Homer drink throughout the series?

Why did Homer get dumber as the Simpsons kept going?
From when I used to watch the show when I was younger, I actually remember a canonical reason being given for this, that being the Simpsons gene found in male members of the family. It makes their brains deteriorate faster than other humans, so it would make sense for him to get dumber as the series goes on.

Though yeah, being dumb and funny also sells :p

From when I used to watch the show when I was younger, I actually remember a canonical reason being given for this, that being the Simpsons gene found in male members of the family. It makes their brains deteriorate faster than other humans, so it would make sense for him to get dumber as the series goes on.

Though yeah, being dumb and funny also sells :p

Doesn't the show contradict itself by saying Homer is dumb because he shoved crayons into his brain? They seem to contradict themselves a lot though...

And now a question of my own: Why is there virtually no natural gold in FL? I know the state is mostly limestone but I imagine there would be a gold deposit somewhere. Historically, FL hasn't been recorded to have any major gold findings.

Doesn't the show contradict itself by saying Homer is dumb because he shoved crayons into his brain? They seem to contradict themselves a lot though...

And now a question of my own: Why is there virtually no natural gold in FL? I know the state is mostly limestone but I imagine there would be a gold deposit somewhere. Historically, FL hasn't been recorded to have any major gold findings.

Maybe its down deeper and not found yet?

Or Aliens took it?

Here is my question. I think the image sums it up.
2015-05-14-social-marketing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do buns come in 8 but hotdogs come in 10?

After you eat 8 hotdogs you have 2 hotdogs left over, so you buy another pack of buns. Now you have 6 buns left over, so you buy another pack of hotdogs to eat those. Well, now you have 4 hotdogs left over so you have to buy another pack of buns, and so on and so forth.

It eventually evens out, but this is probably after so many hotdogs you couldn't stand the sight of one.

After you eat 8 hotdogs you have 2 hotdogs left over, so you buy another pack of buns. Now you have 6 buns left over, so you buy another pack of hotdogs to eat those. Well, now you have 4 hotdogs left over so you have to buy another pack of buns, and so on and so forth.

It eventually evens out, but this is probably after so many hotdogs you couldn't stand the sight of one.

Sounds like a genius marketing strategy to me.

What is the scientific reason baby fingernails are so sharp? Note I tried googling this and all it came up with were jokes about how sharp they are.

If computers only understand code, how did we code them to understand code if we were already coding them using code? :0

(I know nothing about computer technology, FYI.)

If computers only understand code, how did we code them to understand code if we were already coding them using code? :0

(I know nothing about computer technology, FYI.)

Computers actually don't understand programming languages such as Java and C++. These codes need to first be compiled, which is basically translating the source code file into binary. We could program computers with zeros and ones, but that would be fairly difficult, hence programming languages. What might also be confusing is how binary can represent all of the different types of data with only two states, 0 and 1. Integers are easily represented as binary; that's not too difficult to grasp. Characters are actually assigned an integer value. In fact, the two are interchangeable, so for instance 33 would be equivalent to a space and I think 67 is the same thing as a capital 'A'. I won't try to explain floating points, but just know that you get or at least approximate any decimal value with zeros, ones, and negative exponents.

Computers actually don't understand programming languages such as Java and C++. These codes need to first be compiled, which is basically translating the source code file into binary.
Then how did we know that computers only understand binary? Did we discover a hidden language? :0

Then how did we know that computers only understand binary? Did we discover a hidden language? :0

Computers work in binary because their memory is essentially a sum of circuits which can either be open or closed, true or false, 1 or 0.

When did mold spores become so comon in the air that if you buy a loaf of bread and don't touch it for a month it wil ahem, get more colors on it than a pride flag?

If there is a God, and He decided that we need water to live, why is it that he makes it so d--n dangerous?

We were made to live on land, not in water. We need to drink water to live, not be submerged in water to live. That's the difference.

Back